Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway
$119
$108
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssleep numberprogressive fieldgreat locationquicken loans arenacavs gameq arenabar and grilldirectly across the streetbars and restaurantswithin walking distanceshort walksporting eventsrock and roll hallolder hotelwould stay here againbreakfast buffetvalet staff
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were overall quite pleased with this downtown hotel! It is almost right across the street from the Quicken arena (purpouse of our trip) and baseball field. We booked a suite with a bedroom (with sleep number bed) , living room with fold out bed, 2 desks, mini kitchen area. We were quite pleased the room was huge ! plenty of room for our family of 4 to relax and not be on top of each other- a plus when staying in a hotel.
The staffing at the front desk and valet was slim at times. I even called ahead and my car was still not ready. The staff was friendly though.
Nice bath amenties (bath pouf! and body wash)
I would reccomend bringing a few bottles of water and snacks (as we typically do) , as we could not find a convenience store close to this hotel. The vending is extremely limited.
The 'Christmas Story House" is a close family excursion

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've stayed at many Radisson's over the years, and none of them have been like this hotel. We checked into a room that didn't have any heat. I immediately called the front desk and was told a maintenance person would come up shortly. After 20 minutes, I called again and was told the person was on his way up. I opened the door to see a security guard standing at my door. He told me the front desk sent him up to check my heat. He didn't know where the thermostat was or what was wrong. After a second conversation with the front desk, we asked to be moved to another room. He moved us to another room, only to give our previous room to a couple that checked in while I was getting my new room key. I told them we didn't have any heat, and we were still in the room, waiting for our new room. It was a fiasco, to say the least. Will never stay there again! Incompetent front desk manager.

Room Tip: Hotel is close to bars/restaurants.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Crystal T
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the conditions of your room in regards to lack of heat. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. Also, we apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best customer service.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Pro's - Location (close to anything you want in Cleveland), Clean, Service (see also Con's), Breakfast in the "Library", general service from staff

Booked at King, Non-Smoking and when we checked in, we had had Doubles. We called downstairs and was told that because we used a third party (Hotels.com), they don't "guarantee" you get what you book (i.e...a King bed). I was told by the front desk that no rooms with King beds were available because of a wedding. I found the original email that stated we booked a "King" bed, then went down to the front desk. The young man there found a King room, no hassle.

Con's - Sleep Number bed did not work, immediate "no we don't have a king even though that's what you booked" answer from woman at front desk and if you like a dark hotel room, don't get room 315 - there is a quarter inch gap all the way around the door letting light through

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is situated in a perfect area right between Jacobs Field, the Q, and the Casino. One block from the fourth street bars and restaurants. Also walking distance to the Cleveland Browns stadium and the train terminal is one block away. Now the not so good. Service very spotty but friendly. Seems quite understaffed, and we stayed a weekend of a Browns game. The internet works fine, so that is a plus, but we were hardly ever in the room. The elevators are VERY slow, so plan ahead for that if you are short on time. Very loud at night in out room, as there is an outdoor dance club very close to the hotel. All in all, a good value and location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com