“Bachelorette Party”

Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had a group of 14 girls who stayed on Saturday, April 12, 2013 at the Residence Inn for a Bachelorette Party. The location and price is one of the best by far.. You can walk to everything in Downtown Cleveland in a reasonable time and at a comfortable pace. We reserved 2 (1 king) separate rooms which were clean and ready at check in. One of our rooms was upgraded to a 1 king and 2 queen room which was just awesome! Thank you to the front desk for that!

Everything in our rooms was fantastic. The beds were very comfortable and there was so much room for all of our girls to gather before going out. The staff was unlike any other I've encountered. They were very nice and accomodating.. had answers to all our questions and always had a smile on their face.

Parking was easy and at a good value.. there are two options.. either their parking lot under the hotel or their overflow lot which is right before the entrance to the lobby. I felt safe and secure parking my car overnight.

Breakfast in the morning was awesome. Normally I don't expect too much when getting a complimentary breakfast, but they really made it a great start to our morning. Well stocked and attended breakfast bar with eggs (that weren't gross), pastries, fruit, waffles, coffee, juice, etc. The ladies were working as fast as they could to make sure each guest had what they wanted.

Thank you to the Residence Inn for making our stay a great one! We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hillary N
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The location of this Residence Inn is great if you wish to walk to an Indians' game or to the Horseshoe Casino. There are also many restaurants in the area. Our room was fine. Could have been cleaner and it is an older building so keep that in mind. The free breakfast was very nice and very well staffed. The workout room is also well kept. We had to park in overflow parking and I wish we would have just paid for it ourselves. The machine indicated it would have cost $10 (overnight on a Saturday), but the hotel charged us $20. Not my favorite hotel, but the location and cost worked for us.

Room Tip: We were near the elevator and it was a bit loud. It didn't bother us, but if you area a light s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri S
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Myself along with my 10 year old son spent one night at the Residence Inn downtown Cleveland while attending a Cavaliers game. I chose this property for two reasons: 1. location & 2. cost, I was very much satisfied with my choice. We had maybe a 200 yard walk from the Residence Inn to the front doors of Quicken Loan Arena. It appeared to be not much more of a walk onto Progressive Field for a baseball game. The hotel was clean, rooms were large, & staff wonderful.
If visiting downtown Cleveland again for a basketball or baseball game the Residence Inn will be my choice simply for its convenient location. One piece of information I would have liked to known..... there is no valet parking. I pulled up and expected someone to take my car. You self park it yourself in the Residence Inn private garage which is simply located underground below the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Theron1971
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The good: the location was within walking distance from the theater district. The Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner and lotions were nice. I love having a kitchen area. The free breakfast brunch was well stocked and had a lot of variety.

The annoying: there is ONE entrance/exit to this place. However, the hotel sits on Euclid and Prospect. We wanted to eat at Hodges, which I could see from my window as our room was on Euclid, but we had to walk all the way back across the hotel to the entrance on Prospect then back through either inside the shops area or through an alley outside to get right where we were in the first place. I mean, come one, I get you don't want to man two doors, but a swipe entrance with a key would be very useful. I saw people get on and off an elevator by our room numerous times, because it wouldn't take you to the first floor.
There was only one garbage can and it was under the kitchen sink. You have three distinct rooms, 4 if you include the bathroom and only one garbage can.

The Bad: the beds were awful. As in if we had planned on spending two nights, I would've canceled the second night. My hips actually hurt when I woke up in the morning, and I am young, my hips don't hurt. I was awoken by some sort of bass around 6:30am and it lasted until about 8. That's when the people above woke up. I could hear their toilet flush, the shower going, what they listened to on tv. The paint was chipped all over the room, on the ceiling, on the windows, big huge pieces. The rooms felt old.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dree L
Elizabeth S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Dree L.,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm so happy to hear our location was convenient for your travels. Your kind words about the breakfast and kitchens are appreciated.

I would like to apologize that only having one entrance was an inconvenience for you. Our main concern is for the safety of our guests. Having an associate monitor the entrance rather than an electronic swipe is much more reliable for the security of the hotel. We certainly have and will still consider an alternative to just the one entrance.

I do apologize that you did not enjoy our beds. All of our beds are what Marriott requires to stay up to brand standards, and we do understand that everyone has different preferences for mattresses. If you wouldn't mind, please call us and let us know what room you stayed in. We always check on any complaints and make sure we take care of those as soon as we are aware of them.

We are a historic property, and we do love the character. We are very excited about an upcoming renovation, and hope you consider us on your next trip after those renovations are complete.

Think of us next time you are in town.

Kindly,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had a luxurious studio for one night that even had an operating gas fireplace. The room was very clean with comfortable furniture. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The Playhouse Square was a quick ten minute walk from the hotel. Free hot chocolate and cookies were provided in the lobby. The included breakfast was excellent with many choices. Our problem with the nearby parking garage was handled quickly by the desk staff so we could get on our way.

Room Tip: Stay to the back of the hotel to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Educator67
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed at the Residence Inn for MAC conference basketball tournament. This was probably about our 15th stay at this hotel in the past 3 years. Place was pretty well booked both nights since it is only a two minute walk to arena. We also walked to Tower City and the mall, and the Horseshoe Casino. Progressive Field for an Indians game is an easy walk as well. This hotel has large rooms with a small kitchen for your convenience. The breakfast buffet had a real nice variety of items, which saved us from having to eat out a couple of times. You can enjoy the decor and stain glass windows in the room where breakfast is served and eaten. The hotel is built above The Arcade, which has unique, interesting types of shops. Parking is underground and has very tight spots, but this all adds to the character of this unique hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank boyzx3
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This Residence Inn is close to a lot of entertainment! Within walking distance to House of Blues...Casino...Quicken Arena....right around the corner from 4th street. Enjoyed our stay...booked a 1 bedroom suite and was able to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite at no extra charge....bedrooms off the living room area each with their own bathrooms....their parking lot was full so we had to go less than a block down the street cost approx.15.00 per day (less than Residence Inn at 18.00)...included breakfast was ok....historical hotel connected to the Arcade. This was the second time we stayed here...always wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple