“A good option for downtown Cleveland”

Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our stay was only for one night, but the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The rooms were of good size, and clean. The building is older, and if you stay in the Euclid Tower section , it is far away from the front desk, but not unmanageable.
This was a great value for a hotel in this location-- within walking distance to Progressive field, many great restaurants, the casino, and the RTA Red Line.
I would stay here again, based on the price, location, and service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie T

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband, teenage son, and I stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown Cleveland for one night at the end of September. We called earlier that day for late a check-in since we were visiting a college with my son. We were told that it wasn’t a problem and our room was confirmed for the night.

When we arrived at about 10 PM, Angela greeted us with a smile and complimentary beverages. Both were much appreciated since we were very tired having just flown in from Honolulu that day and then spent the day touring and meeting with professors of Washington and Jefferson College in the Pittsburgh area. We reserved a basic room, but were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite since we are Marriott Gold members. The two-bedroom suite was VERY spacious with an apartment-like kitchen and each bedroom has its own bath. This was great because we didn’t have to share a bathroom with our teenage son! I also liked that the shampoo, condition, and lotion was Paul Mitchell and not some generic stuff.

The dining room was very pretty with stain glass and flower-etched windows. They served a nice buffet breakfast consisting of coffee, tea (including herbal tea), juice, and hot chocolate, cold cereals, oatmeal, waffle makings, English muffins, bagels, pastries, bananas, apples, chopped pineapple, yogurts, potato patties, scrambled eggs, sausage patties. My husband and son declared the potato patties to be delicious.

Check-in and parking were a little unique since you only pull over in front of the hotel by a sidewalk-like area to unload your luggage. There is no pull-in. After you check-in, you then are permitted to park in the garage.

I really liked the feel of this hotel. It was a lovely historic hotel with beautiful antique molding. The elevators are smaller and it can be a little bit of a maze, but that’s part of its historic charm. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hotel very clean and convenient. One of the better Hotels I have stayed in lately. Many restaurants in the vicinity of the Hotel. Short drive to attractions that we had visited. All hotels employees I had come across were polite and professional.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Never been to Cleveland before and as usual I never book a hotel with checking tripadvisor.com. All I know about Cleveland is rust belt. This downtown hotel in a older building was well maintained and pleasant in all respects. The front desk was fantastic from prompt check-in to information on local restaurants. I never got bad information and in fact they kept me away from some bad places that would have usually attracted tourists. Large room, good breakfast, decent evening reception Monday throught Wednesday but not meal quantity. Great location for baseball or football and so close to many shops and restaurants in walking distance. The only small negative is the cramped parking area under the hotel. Then again, having a parking space in this area is premium so I cannot complaint, especially on home game nights. Hope I can stay here again on my travels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This property sits in the shell of one of those great, historic downtown buildings in a city that is long past its renaissance. The halls are wide and have great architectural details. My room was spacious, with high celings. The breakfast is served in an amazing room on the second floor. You can picture the robber barrons of old making business deals in the splendor. Unusual for this brand and a delightful surprise. The hotel staff was professional and pleasant. The parking garage is very tight (the building was built long before the automobile). My warning - rent a smaller car. I had a Tahoe and it was too long to pull into a spot. With a large car, you will find yourself rocking back and forth to actually get into a spot. The hotel has very good security.

Room Tip: They have rooms that are right in the elevator lobbies on each floor. Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cporter187
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hotel was very clean and welcoming. It really is a couple of old hotels that were redone and it turned out great. Rooms were large and what we have come to expect from Residence Inns. It's across the street from Quicken Stadium and Progressive Field. Around the corner is Lola by Iron Chef Michael Symon (great place), House of Blues and other nice places to eat.

Room Tip: Check in a little early to get in the parking garage under the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JSOColumbus
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My fiance and I only stayed at this hotel one night but it was a great stay! We had a fireplace suite, which made the room both comfortable and cozy! It was a cute addition to the room. The hotel staff were all very friendly and personable. The location of the hotel is key. It is less then a block away from E. 4th Street which has a ton of restaurants and bars. Also, very close to the casino and right across the street from the Quicken Loans Arena. The location really makes this hotel great. Also, it's a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere long-term. The rooms have fully equipped kitchens with everything you would need from pots & pans to dishes & silverware. Try this hotel, I'm sure you'll love it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple