See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2014

If you are like me, a frequent traveler, and do not like the sterile feeling of a traditional hotel, this is the place for you. Robin, the proprietor, could not have been a more congenial host. My first day here he drove me into downtown Cleveland and along the way gave me the history of the neighborhood. The following morning when I told him I could not eat eggs or sweet rolls for breakfast, he drove me to a nearby market and bought me skim milk, yogurt, fruit etc. The Inn felt very much like living in a brownstone apartment. Everything you need is provided...a full kitchen etc. and if you don't find what you need I guarantee Robin will get it for you.

The rooms are very comfortable...yes they are filled with antique furniture and the beds and pillows are as comfortable as those in my own home in NYC. I would recommend The Brownstone Inn to anyone who wants to feel at home, rather than to anyone looking for a Hilton etc. I loved the fact that the Inn is on the Healthline and just a few stops away from Downtown or The Cleveland Clinic and several nearby colleges. I came for the Gay Olympics and I can honestly say I have never had a better time in a small city. Robin was a big part of that.

Room tip: I liked the room I had on the 2nd floor in the back. The bathroom is right outside the door which was fine for me...not many people in New York City have a bathroom in their bedroom. It was a private bath three steps away.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank MichelaNYC
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Brownstone Inn is great - the proprietor, Robin, makes delicious breakfasts and keeps guests informed of everything going on in Cleveland. The rooms are incredibly reasonable and comfortable. The Brownstone is near everything - the lake, Cleveland Clinic, the Art Museum, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I never made it inside. I arrived at 9:30 pm after calling ahead the night before about a late arrival. The man who answered was quite rude, telling me that the normal check in time was 3-5 pm, but that they would "make an exception and wait up". However, no one answered the door after 3 rings and there was no response to a phone call either. I ended up having to find other accommodations at 11 o'clock at night.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank dhammadoc
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Spent two nights at the Brownstone Inn in early May. The house is a heritage property full of beautiful antiques and art work. My boyfriend and I stayed in the large ensuite room which was furnished beautifully and with absolutely all the comforts (lovely bedding, robes, plush towels, etc). The owner, Robin, was a great host with lots of recommendations about what to see and do during our stay in Cleveland. Breakfast was wonderful - eggs and toast with lots of fresh fruit and coffee. We highly recommend staying here if you are visiting Cleveland.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Naomi V
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The brownstone is beautiful and unique. It is not often you can stay someplace with so much character and history. The Inn-keeper is amazing. He helped us find great places to eat and explore while in Cleveland. His breakfasts were delicious. We had a great time at the breakfast table talking and sharing stories with our new friends that were also staying at the B&B. I am sure there are other wonderful places to stay in Cleveland, but I may never find them! I will certainly stay in the Brownstone the next chance I have.

Date of stay: April 2014