See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Brownstone Inn is great - the proprietor, Robin, makes delicious breakfasts and keeps guests informed of everything going on in Cleveland. The rooms are incredibly reasonable and comfortable. The Brownstone is near everything - the lake, Cleveland Clinic, the Art Museum, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I never made it inside. I arrived at 9:30 pm after calling ahead the night before about a late arrival. The man who answered was quite rude, telling me that the normal check in time was 3-5 pm, but that they would "make an exception and wait up". However, no one answered the door after 3 rings and there was no response to a phone call either. I ended up having to find other accommodations at 11 o'clock at night.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank dhammadoc
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Spent two nights at the Brownstone Inn in early May. The house is a heritage property full of beautiful antiques and art work. My boyfriend and I stayed in the large ensuite room which was furnished beautifully and with absolutely all the comforts (lovely bedding, robes, plush towels, etc). The owner, Robin, was a great host with lots of recommendations about what to see and do during our stay in Cleveland. Breakfast was wonderful - eggs and toast with lots of fresh fruit and coffee. We highly recommend staying here if you are visiting Cleveland.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Naomi V
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The brownstone is beautiful and unique. It is not often you can stay someplace with so much character and history. The Inn-keeper is amazing. He helped us find great places to eat and explore while in Cleveland. His breakfasts were delicious. We had a great time at the breakfast table talking and sharing stories with our new friends that were also staying at the B&B. I am sure there are other wonderful places to stay in Cleveland, but I may never find them! I will certainly stay in the Brownstone the next chance I have.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hshaner
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have stayed in several motels in the Cleveland area while visiting friends and enjoying this vastly underrated city. The Brownstone combines several attributes that make it our favorite so far. The price is very reasonable considering how close it is to downtown, and its easy drive to Little Italy, University Circle, and downtown. The owner (Robyn?) is a personable man with a wealth of knowledge of Cleveland history and local attractions. He also knows how to cook eggs.
While the positives far outweigh the negatives, one should know that there are several 'quirks' that might upset some. This is a one-man operation (more or less) so there is not always someone on site to cater to guests. The linens and towels are not changed every day, although I'm sure Robyn would accomodate any needs if asked. There are no televisions (except for one room) and the wifi is spotty (to be kind). As previous posters have noticed, the place does have a dusty, cluttered vibe but is in no way dirty - more like your eccentric great-aunt's house after she stopped dusting every day. Lastly, we must respectfully disagree with Robyn's opinion of Sokolowski's Inn. We love it, his opinion is quite different.
If you're going to be in Cleveland and want an affordable, unique, comfortable place to stay you probably won't do better than the Brownstone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family