See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful stay in late May 2013 during a first-time visit to Cleveland. The Brownstone Inn is charming, as is the innkeeper, Robin Yates. He is a wealth of information about the city, its history, all it has to offer, and is a true ambassador for Cleveland. Our trip was so enriched by his stories and suggestions about activities, restaurants, etc. We planned certain activities before setting out for Cleveland -- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Indians baseball, the art museum, West Side Market, etc., but were so glad we left some gaps in our plan and could take advantage of some of Robin's suggestions; e.g., the submarine tour, the zoo rainforest, the conservatory/greenhouse at Rockefeller Park, Sweet Moses ice cream (sensational, never had better). We plan a return visit for some of what we missed and to repeat some favorites, including the Inn. Cleveland -- who knew. :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank InfoSeekers
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I recently spent the weekend in Cleveland for the Jazzfest. I had seen an article for this B and B, and was able to reserve a room. Robin was extremely personable,and recommended different activities for this first time Cleveland visitor. He served a great breakfast, friendly guests. A historic B and B is not for everyone, but if you enjoy this sort of place; this one is excellent! I will return without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cupcakelady1
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My recent stay in Cleveland was enhanced by staying at the Brownstone Inn. The inn is a wonderful period building which is worth a visit in and of itself. Robin, the owner, is wonderfully knowledgeable about the city's history as well as its present. His recommendations for things to see and do while were excellent as well. He's friendly and eager to help with any queries or circumstances (my flight was cancelled, but he was there with a smile when I arrived a day late to help me get settled in). If I return to Cleveland, I'll stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Erin188569
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Brownstone Inn for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The historic building is beautiful and full of relics of Cleveland's past. The owner, Robin, is knowledgeable about the history of the city and the building itself and gives a fascinating history lesson to those who are interested. He provided us with recommendations of city sites and tips for navigating the city.

Our room was comfortable, large, and full of character. Consistent with other reviews, the room hadn't been dusted in a while but the rest of the room was clean. We had brought a laptop with us; however, be forewarned that there are no three-pronged outlets in the room (as would be expected with an historic home) so we had to use an outlet in the kitchenette to charge our laptop. That also means that there are no televisions in case you were expecting one!

Overall, it was a great stay. It was a short 5 minute drive to the theaters downtown. There isn't much directly around the B&B; however, with public transit or a car, nothing is too far away.

Room Tip: Take the advice from other travelers and go for the rooms with the ensuite bathroom!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 000jill
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I do not get to spend alot of time away from our business. but when we have an oppertunity and the need for a respite to just get away for the night we choose the Brownstone Inn. Robin makes everyone feel welcome and cooks up a tasty breakfast while giving you a lesson in Cleveland's vast history. You tend to linger for hours in pleasant conversation.
in addition to the food, and quiet rooms that make you sleep late due to their comfort, the inn is conveniently located to so much that Cleveland has to offer. The Playhouse Square theater district, the Indians, the Q, Trinity Cathedral, St Paul's Shrine, Dunham Tavern, and a myriad of restaurants are all whithin walking distance. We have walked back to the inn late at night from a show and find it to be a very pleasant walk no matter the hour.
We would not consider staying anywhere else ever since we discovered the Brownstone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple