“Separate Cottage”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
Brownstone Inn Downtown
Ranked #10 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Fort Wayne, IN
“Separate Cottage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

We just got back from the Brownstone Inn's cottage and really LOVED it! Note- this is a completely separate building from the main B&B, and you're on your own for breakfast, unlike the main B&B. We found the cottage to be more than a cottage- actually a small house with a large deck that includes an outdoor glasstop table and chairs. The best part is the great view of Lake Erie! I enjoyed my morning coffee indoors in the kitchen with the same view through the French doors. There are two nice-sized bedrooms with queen beds, and one twin in the little TV room off the back. The house has one full bath, but plenty of mirrors and outlets in the rooms for doing hair and makeup outside of the bath. The location was fantastic- we walked to a restaurant in Ohio City, and drove to the West Side Market within 10 minutes. Downtown is about a 5-minute drive away, and we drove to Edgewater State Park in about the same time. Do not expect a modern, wall-to-wall carpet hotel experience; this is an older, renovated home that is clean and has all the extras you need- plates, utensils, iron & board, pots, pans, etc. We enjoyed this unique home and its eclectic decor, and were sorry to have to leave!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tarb68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2008

I found the Brownstone Inn while doing a Google search for alternatives to the impersonal hotels of Cleveland. I could not have been happier with the place or with the innkeeper - Robin Yates. I traveled there with my 15 year old nephew because we were on a mission to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before connecting with other family members for the holidays.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we arrived later than anticipated and learned that Robin had upgraded our rooms at no extra charge because we were the only two guests at the time due to a previous cancellation.

We also found that the house was amazing and decorated beautifully. Our rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. The place was spotlessly clean. The beds were great with wonderful sheets and mattresses with duvets - personally it was among the best sleeping I've had while traveling in recent memory. Free WiFi was also a great plus as I needed to stay connected to my work while on the road. Robin served a wonderful and healthy breakfast and provided a wealth of information about Cleveland before we set off for the day. He's an ardent supporter of the city and shared a lot of interesting facts.

I would highly recommend the Brownstone Inn to anyone who wants a refreshing change of pace while traveling.

Stayed December 2007
2 Thank CopperGal
pittsburgh, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2007

The Brownstone Inn in Cleveland, Ohio is a city treasure. The house was built in 1874 and the inn keeper Robin Yates has invested much time and energy into your visual perception of the late 19th century. The inn majestically sits on Prospect Avenue and boasts 14 foot ceilings, but maintains an air of casual hospitality. Robin is a great host in Cleveland and has suggestions for any type of stay. I have primarily stayed in the inn on business trips but have come back for a week end stay to relax and enjoy the city. From Pittsburgh it is only a few hour drive to Cleveland. For a business stay it is great; a refrigerator is available for yogurt or leftovers. I would recommend this inn for both leisure and business stays, I feel like I am coming home at night after I leave the office.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank mdornetto
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

This is actually the second time my husband and I have stayedd at the Brownstone Inn. We liked it so much back in Dec. of 2006 that we returned in August.
The rooms we had have ensuite bath and were very big and comfortable. It is airconditioned which is great this time of year.
Breakfasts are good and also healthy.
The best think about the Brownstone Inn is its host, Robin Yates. He does everything he can to make you feel at ease and comfortable. He's also an authority on everything Cleveland.
When our ride fell thru to the airport he graciously offered to take us.
OUr daughter and son in law are attending school in Cleveland and we will certainly stay at the Brownstone whenever we visit them.

• Liked — Innkeeper
  • Disliked — TV reception
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank momlubo
Ladera Ranch, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

For those in need of some flavor when visiting Cleveland, Brownstone Inn is it! My wife and I stayed in one of the two big rooms (which have private bathrooms) - everything was clean, the bed and bedding are top notch. Plenty of space to unpack, relax and forget you're only visiting. The kitchenette on the 2nd floor is a worthy extra that most B&B's don't have. Breakfast was always good, don't expect a massive buffet, but enough to get the day going. Juice was fresh and coffee was in abundance. The Inn itself is a gorgeous old brownstone and the vintage decor is a nice change of pace from stale hotels. Robin is a great host who truly loves Cleveland and all the area has to offer. The location is perfect, VERY close to the freeways and downtown. For those wondering "Prospect Ave is kinda sketchy", this little pocket is not. While less than a mile east isn't ideal, the Brownstone is in a very safe bubble and the street parking right in front of the steps was never uncomfortable. I grew up in Cleveland and now visit occasionally, I can say we've found the only place we'll stay at when in that area. As an added bonus, the price was great! Cheers to the Brownstone Inn & Robin for making our vacation that much better.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank reelcromulent
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband and I spent three nights at the Brownstone Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. We are folks who appreciate antiques, homey atmosphere and supporting the small businesses in our country. If this is important to you then you will love this inn.
I visit trip advisor to read reviews before staying anywhere. It was interesting to read a forum that was posted regarding a woman asking for suggestions for places to stay in Cleveland. It was native Clevelanders that replied with many cautions. After talking with several people while in Cleveland I wonder if native Clevelanders were thinking of what Prospect Avenue USED to be like. It certainly had a less than desireable reputation. But much has changed. We felt very safe and I am happy that I ignored those cautions.
The innkeeper gave this place a character and warmth all it's own. We were comfortable and well taken care of. We will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — It was one of a kind.
  • Disliked — Squeaky bed :)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank trips2do
Santa Fe NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2006

As a former Cleveland resident, I stay at The Brownstone Inn whenever I visit family and friends back home.

The atmosphere is charming and urbane as is the Inkeeper Robin. The rooms are very comfortable with nice linens. The house itself is very interesting with lots of beautiful art and antiques. I would recommend The Brownstone Inn to anyone looking for an extraordinary hotel experience.

Stayed June 2006