Stayed two nights this past weekend, The hotel is in the heart of downtown.
Cleveland has many unique buildings some with amazing glass roofs and atriums.
The downtown area felt very alive and very safe on the weekend we were there.
Hotel is easy walking distance to all the main attractions and restaurant areas downtown.
Free trolleys that scoot around downtown and the waterfront/R&R Hall of Fame take you to within a block of the hotel, if you get tired walking.
Rooms in the hotel are on the compact size, but very clean and functional, with updated bathrooms, flat screen TV and real HDTV channels including HBO. Staff are pleasant and helpful. Manager generously comped us some Hilton points after the guests next to our room kept their wedding party going till late, late. Breakfast is plentiful with both hot and cold items, lots of fruit and juices as well.
Valet parking is $20+tax per day.
On Saturday, Sunday and Holidays on-street parking is free. Just remember to feed the parking meter or move the car by 7AM on Monday morning. There are also reasonably priced pay lots a few blocks away.
We visited the Cleveland Museum of Art on a rainy Sunday afternoon. World-class art world-class building with another massive glass atrium and the price (free) was right !
Only issue I had was with Hilton Reservations. When I called, they could not or would not match the non-refundable Expedia price I found. Also no success so far in getting the HILTON BEST RATE GUARANTEE after I eventually booked via Expedia.
All in all, a great weekend in a surprisingly Great City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate in comfortable and convenient hotels in Cleveland, Ohio at the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown, located 13 miles from Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport. This hotel in downtown Cleveland is perfectly situated near the greatest attractions that Cleveland has to offer. Visit the Playhouse Square Theater District, or catch a Cleveland Browns or Indians game during your visit. Enjoy a day of fun at The Greater Cleveland Aquarium, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Horseshoe Casino or visit Cleveland's financial district, all within walking distance from the hotel.Start your day right with our free hot breakfast and unwind in the evening at our lobby bar, open Monday through Saturday from 5.00pm to 11.00pm. Stay connected in our 24-hour business center and enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access in every guest room. The fitness center features cardio and weight equipment to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle. The Suite Shop is available 24-hours for snacks and beverages. Among downtown Cleveland hotels, you’ll find the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown is close to it all but far from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio