We stayed at the downtown Cleveland Hampton Inn when we were in town for an Elvis Costello concert at the Palace Theatre. Although the Hampton is not right at Playhouse Square, it's easy walking distance, as evidence by others who took the same route we took from the Square to the Hampton after the concert. The staff was friendly and attentive and the our room was clean and well-appointed. Although this is not a full-service hotel like some of the higher-end facilities in downtown Cleveland, they do have a beer and wine lounge, which we didn't use. The free wifi, which Hamptons typically offer is a nice touch, and the breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare -- nothing fancy, but reliable and consistent. The beds were quite comfortable. One minor quibble is with what's apparently Hilton's corporate policy of now leaving "Your bed and bed coverings are clean and ready" post-it notes on the headboards. Frankly, it looks tacky, and we found the same thing at another Hampton Inn at which we stayed a couple of weeks ago. This Hampton is a doable walking distance to Playhouse Square, but it's even more conveniently located with respect to the downtown sports facilities. In fact, we met a number of people on their way back from the Indians' game. Decent prices, nice comfortable rooms, and a good location -- we'd unquestionably stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate in comfortable and convenient hotels in Cleveland, Ohio at the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown, located 13 miles from Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport. This hotel in downtown Cleveland is perfectly situated near the greatest attractions that Cleveland has to offer. Visit the Playhouse Square Theater District, or catch a Cleveland Browns or Indians game during your visit. Enjoy a day of fun at The Greater Cleveland Aquarium, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Horseshoe Casino or visit Cleveland's financial district, all within walking distance from the hotel.Start your day right with our free hot breakfast and unwind in the evening at our lobby bar, open Monday through Saturday from 5.00pm to 11.00pm. Stay connected in our 24-hour business center and enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access in every guest room. The fitness center features cardio and weight equipment to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle. The Suite Shop is available 24-hours for snacks and beverages. Among downtown Cleveland hotels, you’ll find the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown is close to it all but far from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio