“Enjoyable stay”

Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was our first trip to Cleveland. We had been in town for the Patriot Tour at The Palace. The hotel was easy to get to. Parking is $16 through a valet service. This covers unlimited entry/exit from the ramp. Check-in was easy and our room was clean. The doors to the room did not cut down on the hallway noise. You could hear everything that was said or done in the hallway. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were not. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. We were also with walking distance of The Palace. We found the area to feel safe and were able to walk around at night without any concerns. The continental breakfast was right in line with other Hampton Inns. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brad C
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Brad C,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. We're happy to have been a part of your first visit, and we're glad our location, service and amenities met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improvement as we continuously strive to better our guest experience. We hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hampton Inn Cleveland and Columbus are very good hotels. Nice rooms, clean, good location, good service. Breakfast is adequate but its always the same thing. You should change it up once in awhile Need better pillow!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Salvatore R,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay. We value your loyalty to our brand and appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improving our breakfast service and pillows. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and we hope to exceed your expectations in those areas on your next visit. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was my first trip to Cleveland. I chose this hotel for its location and my positive experiences with the Hampton Inn chain. I got in very late, and I was exhausted. Check in was a breeze. When the room I had been given was located on the third floor facing the street, I asked about moving to something else because of the potential for noise and got a corner room on the top floor. It was exceptional. The room was clean and comfortable and it was nicer than most other Hampton Inn rooms in which I have stayed. Breakfast had a wide variety from which to choose, and there was a full hot breakfast to go with the normal continental options. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If I ever have to go back to Cleveland, then I would stay here. The only thing negative was the valet parking service. The morning I checked out, the valet pulled my rental car around. After I loaded my luggage, I got in and found a soda bottle that was not mine and that had not been in the car when I dropped it off. I asked the valet about it as he was heading off to get another car, and he said that it wasn't his. He shrugged his shoulders and said "sorry." If this was a personal car, I would have been pretty upset. Ferris Bueller definitely came to mind. I could not determine if anything else was amiss with the vehicle, and as I had to get to an appointment, I did not raise the issue with anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Kyle T,
Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn to serve your hotels needs on your first business trip to Cleveland. We appreciate you sharing the areas we exceeded your expectations in comfort and cleanliness.

Your feedback regarding the valet service is important to us as this is not up to the high quality standards that we strive to deliver. I can assure that your comments have been addressed with our valet company in an effort to better our service and guest experience. We value your business and hope to have you as our guest the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I travel for work and have been sticking to Hilton Brand hotels for the last couple of years now. This, and the proximity to the Rock Hall were my reasons for picking this hotel.
The hotel itself is quite clean with all the typical flares you would expect with a Hampton Inn. They room was (I was on the 10th floor at the end of the hall) nicely appointed and very comfortable. The breakfast was typical Hampton which rarely disappoints.

The only opportunity for improvement I can mention is the valet parking. I believe this is a contacted service. The guys were quite friendly and the drop off was a breeze; pickup in the morning however... not so much. I asked the night before how much time to provide them in advance to pickup my car so it would be ready (anticipating delays in the morning). I called ahead the recommended time. When I got to the front door, a couple of other customers were waiting as well. Once one of the attendants surfaced after a 10-15 minute additional wait, he confirmed my valet number, grabbed my keys from their kiosk and went to get my car. I am still not sure why I called ahead. I talked to one of the girls at the front desk and she confirmed they passed on the message. To bad the experience had to end with that as the hotel and staff are both great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

valvestem,
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and thank you for your review of Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. We're happy to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our close proximity to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame perfectly suited your travels.

It's unfortunate to hear about the issue you encountered with the valet service. We would never want to leave you with a poor impression and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I have shared your feedback with our valet company in order to prevent such occurrences in the future. Thank you again for choosing our hotel. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Service at front desk was professional, quick and always friendly. Typical good Hampton rooms. If you have a car - valet parking is $20 a night. Breakfast typical Hampton [which is good and free]. A negative - in lobby - is the cold air blows in. A positive in lobby was a small bar area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Morgan2010,
Thank you for writing a review and recognizing the friendly service delivered by our staff at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're pleased to have had you as our guest and thank you again for your feedback. Please plan to visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Easy to find. I got the package with valet parking included, so I would have no surprises. By the way, there is no self parking or street parking for this hotel. The room was fine. The breakfast was fine. Within walking distance of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and also many fine downtown restaurants and gathering places. The staff was friendly and wholly up to par with what is expected of a Hilton hotel. Price was very affordable for a Americdan Downtown hotel. The rooms are generally quiet, but if you are next door to a wailing baby or a loudly "romping" couple, you'll hear it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

joerazz1028,
We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and found our service, accommodations, and amenities to meet your expectations. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Being in a downtown setting, this Hampton Inn was a bit more substantial than your typical suburban Hampton. The building itself is much taller and bigger, but the interior still resembles the architecture and finishes of a small town Hampton. The rooms were nice, and complete with all the standard Hampton accouterments. I did notice the bath products were upgraded to Neutrogena, and the vanity was topped off with a sleek looking slab of marble or granite.

The breakfast is very standard. I'm not a huge fan of the Hampton breakfast, but when it's complimentary you can't really complain.

The hotel also has a mini lounge set up in the evening, which serves beer and wine. It wasn't too crowded, and the staff was very attentive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan L

Jonathan L,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback from your experience at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.