Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown
$129
$104
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
$110
$139
$120
$114
1,514 results
All reviewsvalet parkingrock and roll hallgreat locationwalking distanceprogressive fieldhall of famevalet stafffree breakfastthe breakfast areafew blocksyogurteasy walkr rwould definitely stay here againscience centerindians gamebaseball stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were just as pleased as we were on our previous visit. We were again spending the night after seeing a show at Playhouse Square. The location is great, providing easy access to many attractions. It is within walking distance of the Lake Erie Coffee Shop, the Chocolate Bar, the House of Blues, etc. Our room was spotlessly clean, with comfortable beds and all the needed amenities for an overnight stay. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was quite tasty and included omelets, waffles, pastries and fresh fruit. Best of all, we got a very competitive rate. We will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

AndieCMC,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're thrilled to hear that our clean accommodations, comfortable bed, and friendly service were consistent with your first experience. We're glad you had another enjoyable stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. Arriving was great, check in easy. The public areas and room were in great shape and very clean. We had a room right near the elevator that connected to another room. If I was staying again. I would request something else. We came back after an event and dinner at 11:30-midnight and could not sleep with out a "fan" app on our phone to drown out the women talking loudly in the room next to ours. We could hear them clearly through the door.

Lastly the thing that makes this hotel a 3 star hotel for me is the staff and how they handled our request for a taxi. First my husband asked the Valet out front if he could call a taxi. He told us to hang on a minute and ran to his friend in a Malibu. We said no thanks and went inside. We then asked the front desk to call us a taxi. She waited a moment and then told us they had a car service and it's a silver car out front. It was the same Malibu. We thought they were perhaps a bit unconventional but perhaps it was a true service. We went closer to the car. On looking at the interior it was in disrepair, a blanket over the back seat and reeked of cigarettes. The car then didn't start. They said "the owner" was nearby with a car. Already feeling weird. We got out and by pure luck hailed a legitimate taxi with lights, information on the dash, and a meter. I'm not sure if that is common in Cleveland but in any city I have traveled to if you ask the hotel to call you a taxi. They call you a real taxi not their friend looking to make buck.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator and try to get a room that isn't connected to another room. It is noisy with the interior doors connecting. CALL YOUR OWN TAXI IF YOU NEED TO GET A RIDE TO THE AIRPORT.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank evarenee

evarenee,
We appreciate your feedback on both positive aspects of your visit, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered during your stay. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign you a room located further away from the elevator that does not have a connecting room upon request.

Additionally, I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced with requesting a taxi. Your valuable comments have been addressed with our front desk staff and valet company in order to assure we are doing all we can to accommodate our guest's requests. We hope to provide a more positive stay in the future and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I tried to pay early for a reservation as a gift to my mother in law. They sent me a faxed credit card authorization form after several requests for one. They accepted my credit card number but was then told that I wasn't actually going to be charged until checkout. My card was declined at check IN when I was told my funds weren't going to be necessary until checkout. Make sure they explain, in several ways and occasions when and how frequently the card would be swiped.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Carrie G,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and frustrations you experienced. I have shared your review with our staff in an effort to better our process and service. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The location was excellent and very safe. The staff was very helpful and courteous, and we will definitely be back and recommend this hotel! We drove up for a Cavaliers game from Pittsburgh, and we were very impressed with how friendly the people in the city were. There are excellent restaurants within walking distance of this hotel and many family friendly things to do and see.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kurt K
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Kurt K,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Cleveland for your family travels. We hope you had a great time at the Cavaliers game, and we're glad our friendly staff and excellent location exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your recommendation of our great hotel and hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A comfortable hotel very conveniently located to downtown Cleveland and attractions like Rock and Roll hall of fame. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was somewhat a challenge - either pay valet fee or find street parking. I would stay again if staying downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

David E,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your visit to Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay, along with our convenient location and close proximity to many downtown attractions. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.