“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown

Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the Browns vs the Bears game. I really liked my room. It was clean with a modern appearance. There was extra bedding, complimentary toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, face soap, hand soap, sewing kit, shower cap). A decent continental breakfast was available which offered eggs, a protein, oatmeal, variety cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, waffle station, breads and parties, add well as assorted drinks juice, coffee, tea hot cocoa, etc. The staff was friendly. Of note facility offers valet parking at a rate of twenty dollars a day. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Audra S,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Cleveland while in town for the Browns vs Bears game. We're pleased to know our clean accommodations, friendly staff, and value added amenities perfectly suited your travels. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Thanks again.

United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

It's been a while since I stayed at this hotel but during my stay there was construction outside all night and I got no sleep. The room was nice and clean though, and the front desk staff were courteous, however - the valet parking was a total fail. I sent a complaint to Hilton following my stay which was forwarded to hotel management. I received an email from the valet service manager (the service is outsourced) then there was no follow-up from anyone. Followed up again myself and heard nothing. Really disappointing level of service - if I have no choice but to leave my car with no-so-trustworthy people the hotel contracted with, I won't be returning to this property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
YKL1,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We value you as our guest and sincerely apologize for any outside construction noise that disturbed you. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I’m pleased to see that you found our rooms to be nice and clean and the front desk staff courteous. I will be personally sharing and reviewing your feedback with the valet company. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. We hope you'll give us another chance to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I came in from Chicago for the Xmas Story 5k, it was walking distance from Tower City (mall) where the race started. This is my second time here and the service is good as is the free wifi and breakfast. The rooms are very clean. The valet company is not very professional nor customer friendly but move fast. My only real concern with this property is I've only been here twice and both times a hobo joined us in the breakfast area after using the bathroom, he wreaked.

• Stayed December 2013
jsilva12,
We appreciate your review and return visit with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We hope you had a great time running in the Christmas Story 5k, and we're glad our accommodations, amenities, and location were perfectly suited for your travels. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have addressed your comments with our staff in order to heighten awareness and improve our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Found the Hampton Inn located in Downtown Cleveland, a super convient location. Was a 1/2 mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, very easy walk. Then we walked back to Hotel to freshen up and off to great places to eat less then 1/2 mile. Very clean, nice linens. Also, they have a super breakfast which is included with your night stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 704, which faced a beautiful Church. Considering it was snowing and 14 day until...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Judy C,
We're happy to hear from you, and thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. It's great to know our close proximity to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame added convenience to your stay, and you found our clean accommodations and complimentary breakfast to meet your satisfaction. Please plan to visit us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I chose this because it was within walking distance of my customer. I arrived on a very snowy night. The valet carefully explained the parking situation (valet only, $20, billed to room) and gave me a rather disappointed look when I handed him only a dollar tip. It was freezing outside and I didn't want to take the time to get change, but I felt bad for not being a little more generous. The next day, I bumped into another diner at breakfast (literally) and knocked some food out of his hands. I was about to mop up and the breakfast attendant smiled and said, "Ma'am, that's my job - I'll do it." I left my car at the Hampton all day and walked back from my meeting, again in a snowstorm. While waiting for my car, I handed a couple extra bucks to the guy who had parked my vehicle the night before. I explained I hadn't had any more singles. He gave me a broad smile and thanked me. I was pleased the hotel front desk let me store my bag all day, too.

Room Tip: I was in 1511. The high floor makes it quiet from a street-noise perspective, but the rooms numbered...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
professordoctormom,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing feedback from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're glad our staff's service and sincere hospitality made for a pleasant stay. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Overall the facilities are average. Room was clean, but hallways were dingy. Plus: It's near the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Minus: There are few restaurants open over the weekend and hotel directory of restaurants that deliver is inaccurate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Paul O,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. It's great to know our clean accommodations and close proximity to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame met your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us and we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you again for writing.