“New/newly remodeled, convenient, well priced hotel with a TINY driveway.”

Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when we went to the Indians game because of its location. We were surprised at how nice it was for a Hampton Inn. Free in-room wifi and breakfast were also a big plus. The only parking option offered by the hotel was mandatory valet for $20, which we would've been happy to pay, except they have a driveway that fits 2-3 cars max. This meant that we we'd be stuck waiting to park (behind 6 other cars) on a busy downtown Cleveland street during rush hour. We opted to find our own parking in a lot 1 block away. $3 for overnight.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank ff15673
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

ff15673,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in town for an Indians game, and we hope you had a great time at the ballpark. I’m happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was very happy with the location and service. They accomodated baseball/sports fans quite well. It's a quick walk to Progressive Field and Quicken Loans Arena. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

John M,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. I’m glad our central location was ideal for your travel needs and sporting event. It's great to hear you had an enjoyable stay and found our accommodations clean and comfortable. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The night before checkout, between 9:30pm and 10pm, I called Guest Services to request a late checkout (our outbound flight from Cleveland was not until nearly 4pm and we wanted to wait until 2pm to leave so that we weren't stuck at the airport for additional time). I was originally offered a 1pm checkout, but when I asked if we could have a 2pm checkout, I was told "Sure, why not." The next afternoon (Monday), while out in the city with my husband and friends, I received a call from the front desk staff. It was ~12:30pm and they were wondering if we were still planning to check out that day. I confirmed that we were, at 2pm, which we had requested and been confirmed for the day before. I was told that there was no note in our file regarding a late checkout and that we had to check out immediately. I explained that we were not anywhere near the hotel and that we hadn't even finished packing. I was then told that if we were not out of the room by 1:30pm, we could be charged an additional night's stay. The woman on the phone was exceptionally rude, especially considering we had done the right thing on our end by requesting the late check out. The woman would not budge and kept insinuating that we were in the wrong and that we were causing trouble for her and the hotel. My husband and I had to bail on our friends, rush back to the hotel, and clear out the room in time so that we wouldn't have to pay the threatened additional fee. We then had to wait several hours at the airport instead of enjoying the convenience and comfort of our hotel room. Not once did Hampton Inn staff apologize for the inconvenience; they only accused us of being trouble.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dtutak
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

dtutak,
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding regarding your late check-out and the inconveniences you encountered as a result. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our customer service, communication and overall guest experience. We value you as our guest and we hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was in town for the Cleveland Marathon and stayed at the Hampton because of it's convenient location near the start/finish line, as well as the pasta dinner and shuttle bus to the marathon expo. Hotel breakfast was nice - lots of variety and always very stocked. The morning of the marathon, the hotel also layed out water bottles and bananas for the runners which I thought was a nice touch.

The hotel rooms are dark and don't have much light (only 1 window per room). The hotel room was clean and the bathrooms seemed like they were redone in the last few years. Overall, it's a decent hotel in a good location, but I don't think it was worth the $180 I paid per night. As a previous reviewed mentioned, there is no refrigerator or safe in the rooms, which I had come to expect from Hampton Inns.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank khl5

khl5,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in town for the Cleveland Marathon, and we hope you had a great race. I’m glad you found our location ideal for your travel needs, and that you enjoyed the added touches the morning of the race. Your feedback is important to me, both positive and opportunities for improvement. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed there May 9th - 13th, 2013. We booked this hotel because it's just a few blocks from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but we found that it is close to everything we wanted to visit! And it's comfy - newly renovated - everything is sparkling clean. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Flat screen TV & easy access to wifi. Great hot breakfasts. And a bar where you can relax and watch the traffic go by at the end of the day. I was a little worried about the $20/day valet parking - but inner-city parking is always a challenge - and the valets were great! No problem with in and out. We were always greeted with, "Where did you go today? Did you like it?" LOVED those guys. Never waited more than a few minutes for our car.

My only problem was the signs throughout the hotel advertising that they changed the sheets for new guests. Sooooo - they did not do this previously? Other hotels don't change sheets between guests?The signs creeped me out.

Other than that - Cleveland ROCKS!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jan M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Jan M,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our clean hotel, comfortable beds, and friendly service. I’m glad our convenient location suited your travel needs and was close to everything you wanted to visit. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Helpful staff all the way around from the valet/front door to the housekeeping staff. Breakfast hostess and staff were "cheery" in the morning and bartender, "Danny" welcoming and the end of a long day. Rooms and common areas were up to date and clean. Very nice operation for the business traveler!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Jeff M,
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our clean hotel, helpful staff and their excellence in service. I’ll pass along your complimentary feedback to our team, and I’ll be sure to recognize Danny with a special commendation for his outstanding hospitality and warm welcome at the end of a long day. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I found this property to have one of the better Hampton rooms. My room was large and was updated with nicely appointed tones. The bed was comfy and the fixtures and bathroom were decent quality. The key drawbacks were the lack of a safe, fridge and microwave. The property offers free WiFi with a fast speeds (at least during my stay).

The lobby is standard Hampton with the free breakfast and sundry shop. They had just opened a new bar but I didn't take a peek (or get a chance to use the onsite fitness center). The location is very central to downtown happenings.

This was a quick in-and-out trip for me, but I enjoyed my trip and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rjc260
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

rjc260,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. I’m pleased to hear that our spacious rooms and comfortable beds made for an enjoyable overnight stay. We appreciate your visit and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.