“Confusing room rates, disorganized staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown

Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Syracuse, New York
“Confusing room rates, disorganized staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Though the location of the downtown Cleveland Hampton Inn is ideal if you're planning to visit Cleveland's Rock N Roll Hall of Fame or one of the major league ballparks/arenas, this place needs some serious management changes. I found out upon arrival that the third night of my stay would cost $30 more than I had signed up for via booking.com. A call to booking.com revealed that the Hampton did some fuzzy math, gave "discounts" for the first two nights and dumped the remainder into the third. Booking.com did not advocate for me further on this, so I won't be using them again.

Other inconveniences: Room keys that didn't work and had to be replaced. Valet service in such disarray that the head valet mentioned aloud that some of them should be fired. Car brought around late made us late for restaurant reservation. Maid did not clean the room the second day, despite our taking the "do not disturb" sign off the doorknob.

The hotel is in a great location, but the room rate snafu and staff shortcomings will keep me from ever staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
IloveCleveland59
I appreciate your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and the additional charges that you did not expect upon arrival. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way, and I sincerely apologize if the charges were not clear. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel respected and that we can resolve their issues in an efficient matter. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Cleveland. If there is anything I could further assist you with, please feel free to contact me.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff was very friendly including the desk personnel, cleaning staff and valet team. The valet service was very accommodating. We checked in early with no problems. The breakfast was as expected. Location is very convenient to Progressive Field, RocknRoll Hall of Fame and the casino. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Stafford, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hotel staff are not friendly or courteous at check in. The beds are dusty; the wood framed headboard had not been dusted in a while. There is no room service, which in today's society is a must. Lastly, I could hear noise from the room next door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Janet W,
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying opportunities that we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the exceptional service that you have come to expect from us. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property and hospitality. We value you as our guest and we hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Cleveland.

Micheal Reidy, General Manager
Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I selected this hotel based on prior posts in TripAdviser. As they stated, the hotel was nicely appointed with modern amenities. The staff were curious and helpful as well. The internet work well and they did a good job with the breakfast and provided some variety with what they put out each day. They had plenty of valets so the wait for getting your car was usually only 5 minutes of so.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
TravelinMan37,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn. It’s great to hear that our hotel, helpful staff and value added amenities met your expectations. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at this property in the past, and will again in the future. The staff is always very friendly and warm, the rooms are clean and affordable, and the location is convenient. There was a large convention and the place was really packed, but the staff was all smiles.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet and off the city streets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Mlindzy,
Thank you for your complimentary feedback on our great hotel and friendly team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us at the Hampton Inn. We’ve enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

North Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Besides the church bell tolling and keeping us awake (daytime only), we had a great stay. Love the free breakfast. Breakfast was slightly different every morning and there is something for everyone, not just bagels and danish like other hotels. Staff was nice and friendly. Valet service was good. I would like regular parking (i don't usually carry cash).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
A TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our complimentary breakfast and friendly service. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Clarksburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here last September, I recommended this hotel to my parents who would be visiting the Cleveland Clinic for surgery.
I called two days prior to inquire about ADA facilities and assistance the staff might offer to my aging parents upon their arrival. My questions were answered with concern & empathy.
My parents made reservations for two nights only.
Being technologically challenged, theiy had difficulty using a GPS and made poor drinking decisions which added several miles and hours to their trip.
I called the hotel to explain of their delay and was told they had been in touch with my folks trying to give them directions.
When my parents arrived, my mother told me they practically rushed the car to assist them into the hotel. A wheel chair was at the ready.
Note: my father can barley walk & mom does so at a shuffle.
The hotel / valet staff helped my father in & out of a wheelchair and vehicle on serveral occasions. When I witnessed these men being so gentle and caring to a stranger, I was moved.
When I arrived to help my folks, I found a refrigerator and microwave in their room. When I commented that I didn't believe the room came with them, mom said,"it didn't. They were nice to bring them to us because my medication needs to remain cold."

Because their stay was lengthened, due to medical reasons, they were planning to move to a less expensive hotel, However, Pop (the sick one) said he wanted to stay, because everyone is so nice and they continue to go out of their way to help us.

It's as if the entire staff knows my folks are here and trying to recover from challenges of getting older. Just this morning, a housekeeper stopped to check on them and spent a few min. with mom to let her know she was praying for us.

This review is far too long already so I'll stop...even though I could go on.
The care & concern my folks have received from the entire hotel & valet staff is remarkable. Truly outstanding & touching.

Keep it up. You are successful in doing more than providing overnight accommodations....much, much more

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Brennon O,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your parent’s experience with us at the Hampton Inn. I appreciate you recommending our hotel to your parents, and I hope everything went well with your father’s surgery. We have a great team here that is dedicated to providing each guest with exceptional service, and I’m pleased to hear that your parents felt well taken care of throughout their stay. We value you and your family as our guests and hope you’ll plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.