Whether it is business that takes you to Cleveland or pleasure, you would do well to stay at the Hampton Inn downtown. It charges budget prices but what it gives you is luxury without ostentation or forbidding plushness. I paid under $100 a night for a corner room which was large and had all the usual amenities as well as plenty of storage place. The kingsize bed was soft and comfortable, and sheets and the duvet cover were changed every day. Free wifi was available. The best feature of the hotel was the hot cooked complimentary breakfast which so many other reviewers have commended. Instead of the usual bagels and danishes you could help yourself to cooked or boiled eggs, bacon, sausages, french toast, hot and cold cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, a variety of breads, and not just the standard tea or coffee but also hot chocolate. Eggs were cooked differently every day and the meats varied, so even if you stay at the hotel for several days, there is enough variety to keep you pleased.
The desk is staffed round the clock, and the men and women there are unfailingly polite, helpful, and truly eager to cater to the guest's every need. It was very nice to go off on my business every morning accompanied by a bright smile and a genuinely meant "Have a nice day!", and return at the end of a tiring day to another bright smile and an honestly meant inquiry about how the day had gone. And because the hotel is reasonably small as hotels go, the staff remembered and greeted guests by name.
If you want to relax at the hotel in the evening, the bar, though small, is adequate and the friendly barman Danny not only pours with a generous hand but will also provide interesting conversation if you are looking for company. Or you can sit down at the conveniently placed computer in the lobby and catch up on your email. If, on the other hand, you want to eat out, the convenient location of the hotel means that the excellent restaurants on 4th Street in the town's center are not even a ten-minute walk away, nor is the old warehouse district which now houses trendy nightclubs much further than a mile. You can walk there, or if you drive, the hotel provides 24-hour valet parking. For those want a taxi, the staff know all the most reliable and courteous taxi drivers in town.
All in all, I had an excellent stay at this hotel and felt that I got full value for money. I recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate in comfortable and convenient hotels in Cleveland, Ohio at the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown, located 13 miles from Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport. This hotel in downtown Cleveland is perfectly situated near the greatest attractions that Cleveland has to offer. Visit the Playhouse Square Theater District, or catch a Cleveland Browns or Indians game during your visit. Enjoy a day of fun at The Greater Cleveland Aquarium, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Horseshoe Casino or visit Cleveland's financial district, all within walking distance from the hotel.Start your day right with our free hot breakfast and unwind in the evening at our lobby bar, open Monday through Saturday from 5.00pm to 11.00pm. Stay connected in our 24-hour business center and enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access in every guest room. The fitness center features cardio and weight equipment to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle. The Suite Shop is available 24-hours for snacks and beverages. Among downtown Cleveland hotels, you’ll find the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown is close to it all but far from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio