“Clean room”

Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Good hotel, close to all the bars. Their free breakfast is pretty good. There is a cab that parks in front that takes you anywhere in downtown for only 5 bucks! The rooms were neat and clean. The hotel staff is really nice and told us where to go for restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Orlando S,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us at Hampton Inn. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location and rooms to meet your expectations. It's great knowing that our staff was friendly, helpful and able to provide you with suggestions for restaurants and nightlife. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night at we traveled through to our final destination but I would stay at this hotel again. The room was very clean, the staff friendly and it's in a great location. 2 blocks from the House of Blues and some other great restaurants. It's right across the street from St. John's Catholic Church, which is beautiful. The only thing I would note negatively was that a hobo walked off the street and into the breakfast bar to serve himself, which by the way was pretty good. It makes me wonder about security in general as the staff saw him come in and did nothing but stare awkwardly as he fixed himself a plate to go. But even with the hungry hobo I would still stay at this hotel because it was a great value (free Internet and breakfast).

• Stayed: March 2013

jsilva12,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hampton Inn. It’s great to know that you enjoyed your night with us and our great location to House of Blues and many fantastic area restaurants. I’m happy to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable and our staff friendly and helpful during your stay. I appreciate your feedback about your encounter at breakfast and will heighten our staff’s awareness of such circumstances in order to improve security measures and our overall guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

nice folks: good front desk, good valet staff, pretty good breakfast. no complaints, and when our cleveland clinic appts were changed, the front desk staff refunded one night's worth of hilton honors points which we greatly appreciated. we'll stay there again.

Room Tip: we always stay in the quietest available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Renee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

editgrl,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and accomodating. We hope you'll visit us again soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was very impressed with the cleanliness and service of this hotel. We checked in on a Thursday night and checked out on Saturday. I will say that we did have some difficulties during our stay but the hotel staff went out of their way to rectify the situation. We checked in (my husband, my daughter and myself) and looked forward to a restful night. Unfortunately, this did not happen. Our sleep was rudely interrupted when the party animals checked in at 1:00 AM in the adjoining room. The noise did not last long and we were able to get back to sleep. Little did we know that the party would begin again at 4:30 AM when they returned from clubbing. They were laughing, cursing, screaming and slamming doors for over an hour. I complained to the front desk and they sent security and called the room to try and quiet them down. They continued to talk loudly for a little longer and evenually must have passed out. The next morning we went to the front desk ready to check out and go to a different hotel for our last night in the city. The lady at the front desk was very apologetic and offered to move us to a suite. We accepted this offer because it was easier than trying to relocate. The room was very nice and we had a nice nap and a great second night's sleep. Also, the valet staff is excellent. They have no problem getting your car for you (even if you request it 20 minutes after they just parked it). I will say that it is slightly inconvenient not to be able to park and retrieve your car yourself but it is not that big of a deal. Overall, this is an excellent hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gretchen H

Gretchen H,
It's great to hear from you! We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your first night's stay, but I am pleased to hear that our staff was accomodating and helpful. We enjoyed your company and hope you'll visit us again soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I travel, I rarely stay downtown. As an event planner for the Ohio University Alumni Association, our staff was in town for the MAC Basketball Tournament. I was booked at the Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. I was quite surprised at how great the decor was and how great the room was in the middle of downtown. I have stayed at Hampton Inns before and they are all usually pretty much the same but that one was a great experience. My only complaint would be the valet parking situation. Given the hotel's location, the valet parking area where cars pull up can get quite congested. It was a little chaotic. That process could stand to be improved. Otherwise it was a great experience, plus breakfast is always good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ivywriter

ivywriter,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Hampton Inn Cleveland. I am pleased to know that you liked our hotel and the hot breakfast buffet. We enjoyed having you and your staff as our guests and hope you plan to visit us again the next time you visit Cleveland. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Hampton Inn is in such a convenient location; it is within walking distance from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Hard Rock Cafe, the Quicken Loans Arena, and much more! The hotel was very clean and modern, and also provides a complimentary breakfast. The staff was very nice and greeted us at the door as we arrived. Overall, my group had a great experience and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

StudentReview,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us at Hampton Inn. I'm glad to hear that you and your group had a great time at our hotel. I hope you had a wonderful time visiting Cleveland. Please plan to visit us again. There is more to see in Cleveland, so we hope you'll return.
Mike Reidy

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was a very clean and overall nice place to stay. Very close to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Parking is $20 per day, which for downtown Cleveland seems exorbitant. Also, it took 30 minutes to get our car the first day we were there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family