“Excellent Customer Service”

Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I recently took a weekend trip to Cleveland and stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown Cleveland. This hotel excelled at customer service. The front desk employees were very friendly, helpful and professional. Our reserved room was a floor above a children’s party and the front desk moved us to a more secluded floor. This was much appreciated.

The valet employees were very prompt, friendly and far exceeded my expectations honestly. We were in and out all weekend and the valet never took more than 5-10 minutes to get the car, which was parked across the street.

We plan on visiting Cleveland again in the summer and we will defiantly use this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Bill C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Hampton Inn. We're pleased to have had you and your wife as our guests, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. We have a great team here so I'm glad you liked our friendly and helpful front desk staff as well as our great valet crew. We're grateful for your compliments and hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The room was great, the bed slept wonderfully almost as good as the Westin. This is the nicest Hampton I've ever stayed at. If ever in Cleveland again I would stay there. I was most impressed with the fact that they posted a sign stating that the duvet cover as well as the sheet was washed and fresh. I most hotels they recycle the duvet's and they are not freshly washed. I also liked the fact that the manager left a welcoming message on the phone upon arrival. We arrived a little late and there was a Subway across the street but we order from a place suggested by the parking attendant and it was decent. Be prepared to pay $20 a nite for parking that was the only downfall.

Room Tip: No microwaves in the room but there is one down in the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ruthie123
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

ruthie123,
Thank you for your kind review and letting others know of our wonderful Hampton Inn. We're glad to have had you as our guest and hope you will return for another great visit.

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one Friday evening and enjoyed our stay. Valet was kind and helpful. Quick to get our vehicle. We did not interact much with the staff, but when we did it was pleasant. Room was updated and clean. Breakfast was Hampton standard. Staff kept it well stocked.

Our visit was to explore Cleveland so we didn't stay in the hotel much. Centrally located so we were able to walk to various tourist destinations.

• Stayed: October 2012

greenie2010,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Hampton Inn. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting our great city of Cleveland. I hope you enjoyed seeing all that Cleveland offers. I'm glad you liked our hotel and staff as well. Please plan to visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was driving in from PA and knew that I would have a late arrival/check in. I called the hotel around 9pm. The lady on the phone was nice and said checking in late was not a problem. She checked me in over the phone and said all I'd need to show was my id and credit card. We arrived at 2am, didn't know (or see) anyone outside (valet). We ended up parking our car in the nearby garage. Definately do not recommend parking there. Witnessed a guy almost beating up his girlfriend. We quickly walked to the hotel, a guy is outside yelling at the security guy, that he just got robbed. We walk in, and the person behind the desk was dispatching security to a room (again). We stood there for a couple of minutes before she acknowledged us. I know it was late, and she was busy, but she was not friendly or welcoming. I told her I called and needed to check in. I showed her my confirmation and she claims that I'm not registered and they are completely booked. Not helpful or friendly whatsoever, and after everything we witnessed just walking in, I was starting to second guess and doubt what kind of place we were at to begin with. She finally finds my name. (Apparently having a last name that is a color is difficult to spell) We asked what to do with our car and we were rudely told that valet is our only option. Mind you, there was no one outside. We got our car out of the garage and pulled up to the door, had to wait about 5-10 minutes for the one person working. He was very nice and apologized for the delay. In the morning, we did enjoy the breakfast buffet and coffee--very good. The staff at the front desk was VERY nice; extremely pleasant and helpful; completely different from the night before. Valet had 3 or 4 people working; all very nice. The room was nice, very clean and comfortable. Overall, our stay was decent. Not sure if I would completely recommend this hotel to anyone or stay there again myself. Our first impression at check in was terrible.

CSW320,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We appreciate you staying with us at Hampton Inn. I'm glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I apologize for the night staff being overwhelmed during your visit and hope their conduct will, in no way, deter you from staying with us again. I will make sure to review your comments with our night staff so they can be better prepared for late arrivals and remain friendly to all of our guests. We hope you will come and visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I drove into Cleveland Sunday late afternoon. When I arrived at the Hampton Inn, I was happy to see that it was in the center of the city and near the lake (0.7miles). When I went to the front desk the receptionist just looked at me with a blank stare. Instead of her greeting me and welcoming me, I had to greet her with a friendly hello. Even then she was not friendly...
She simply asked for my ID and credit card. When I inquired about having a room away from the elevator and on a higher floor she ignored my question. I then asked her what time breakfast started, as I had an early morning and had to leave by 630am the next morning. She sort of chuckled and said with a smirk the time. It was as if I was bothering her. I never truly understand why miserable people choose to be in customer services if they are not friendly and a people person.
When I again asked another question-whether it was ok to park my car across the street she told me that my car would be towed at 10pm if I left it overnight. I told her the street sign said no parking from 7am to 4pm and nowhere did I see a sign for no overnight parking. She simply shrugged and said nothing further.
Luckily, a friendly staff memeber, Roy, walked by at the time I was asking this question and simply told me I would be fine to leave my car on the street as long as I moved it by 7am. Finally, a friendly person with helpful advice.
When I came back down to the lobby to go look for something to eat, I again had the unfortunate luck of having to deal with the moody front desk lady. She simply told me nothing in the area was open, and that was it!! I stood for a moment wondering what was wrong with this lady and why was she so unhelpful.
I then walked outside where I was greeted by a great staff of valet men. They were very kind and told me the nearby restaurants to eat at and the exact location. I was grateful that besides the receptionist everyone else at the hotel was friendly and helpful.
Upon returning to the hotel, I was craving the famous chocolate chip cookies. When I asked again the lady at the front desk she just told me they didnt have any. Luckily for me, Roy again was walking by at the moment and told me he would go check to see if any cookies where left. When he came back to tell me there were none, even though I was craving the cookies, I wasn't as dissappointed b/c Roy took the time to check rather than the crabby receptionist who always had a negative response to anything I asked.
I believe the Hampton Inn would greatly benefit from removing that receptionist from her customer service roll and instead would benefit from the other employees like Roy or the valet men to be in her place.

Room Tip: Room on a high floor on the northeast side.
1  Thank llcChicago
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

llcChicago,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown. We're pleased you chose to stay with us while visiting Cleveland. I have read your comments and will act upon them appropriately. Thank you for highlighting Roy's exceptional service and the friendliness of our valet staff. I'm pleased to know that they showcased what our staff is really like and how much we want our guests to not only enjoy their stay with us, but also their time in Cleveland. We hope your journeys will bring you back to Cleveland and you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Clean room, great breakfast, and friendly front desk and valet staff. Our room was right across from elevators. Both mornings the cleaning staff were banging and extremely loud at 8:00am. Very annoying!! We have stayed at this hotel several times and always been happy, I am sure this was just a one time thing. Love the new breakfast area!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stevico
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Stevico,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We're happy you enjoyed your visit, especially the new breakfast area. I apologize for the cleaning staff's early arrival. I will take special note of this and speak with our staff about it. We hope you'll come and visit us again in Cleveland.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

They put me on the end of the hotel on a Thursday night, not telling me the garbage dumpsters outside get emptied at 5am on Friday. Also, you cannot walk up to the 2nd floor. They have no stairs. You must take the elevator one floor up. Their website also didn't say anything about "you must valet park". The valets told me if I parked on the street my car would either be stolen or broken into. They also wouldn't give me late check out so I could keep my bags in the room until 3pm. Not every guest checks in at 3pm, so I don't see what the issue was.

Room Tip: Get an interior room if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

FunrunJJ,
Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and appreciate you staying with us at Hampton Inn. I regret that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. I apologize for the early morning garbage removal awakening you, due to our location most downtown businesses have early morning trash pickup prior to the morning rush. This is also a reason why we only offer valet parking as listed on our website. There is public parking blocks away from the hotel but none of them allow overnight parking and being downtown, street parking is not allowed. We strive to receive the highest satisfaction possible from all of our guests so it is unfortunate that we could not honor your late check-out request due to multiple groups that were arriving Friday afternoon. I hope your experience will not prevent you from returning to our property. I hope you will have another opportunity to visit us, and your satisfaction will be much improved.