“Mexican Flair on W.117th”
Review of El Jalapenos

El Jalapenos
Ranked #355 of 1,844 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Mexican
Cleveland, Ohio
“Mexican Flair on W.117th”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I enjoyed my lunch time meal. I stopped one afternoon for lunch solo. The free chips and sauce were great and the staff were friendly. My meal was the regular combo and I enjoyed it. The inside of the restaurant is nothing to look at and the ladies room was old and needed cleaning. I would return again when in the mood for Mexican food. Ole'

Visited July 2013

Lakewood, Ohio, United States
“Nice atmosphere, good service but food could be better”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went with family, looking for some authentic Mexican food. It seemed they were very busy in the kitchen because our food was not up to our expectations. Maybe I been spoiled by tasting some
very awesome Mexican food in the past but I would only call the food quality average.

Visited February 2013
“Inexpensive Mexican food..”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has great service. I have never had to wait for seating but I normally sit at the bar when I dine alone. You get on chips and salsa brought to you no addl charge. The menu is huge with lots of choices. The prices are very reasonable, great servers and the food is very good.

• Visited August 2012
North Canton, Ohio
“Great food and fast service”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Wife and I ate at El Jalapenos for the first time and we both really enjoyed the food and overall atmosphere. The wait staff was very friendly. Quick service. The fajitas were enough to feed three people. Everything tasted great. Can't wait to go there again.

• Visited September 2011
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Fast service, delicious food, and great prices- who wouldn't like that?

El Jalapenos is conveniently located near West 117th and Clifton at the Cleveland and Lakewood border.

On a recent Friday night we were quickly seated in a comfortable booth. The restaurant interior is the usual Mexican kitsch decorations. I think the place may have been a seafood restaurant at one time with the wood paneling, port hole window in the door, and dock decorations outside.

The chips were fresh. The salsa was smoky and flavorful. The frozen margaritas hit the spot. And the entrees were even better. I ordered the Enchiladas Supremas. It included one bean, one cheese, one ground beef, and one chicken enchilada. All were quite good and the side of rice was also tasty.

I've always found small locally owned Mexican restaurants to be a better value, and tastier than chain Mexican restaurants (think Baja Sol, Cantina Laredo, or Abuelo's). El Jalapenos will definitely continue to get my business.

• Visited April 2011