“It's all in the name!”

Stone Mad Irish Pub
Ranked #111 of 1,840 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
CLeveland, OH
“It's all in the name!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

One of the most unique aspects of Stone Mad is the custom outdoor designed patio with a fireplace, water fountain, and tables/boothes built with...you guessed it-stone! The large stone work is really creative and all though it doesn't sound comfertable to sit on a stone, there is something wonderfully cool about this creative patio setting. Perfect place to enjoy a cool drink on a hot Cleveland Summer night. The interior is small but, quaint and filled with beautiful woodwork galore. The inside fireplace is a nice spot to grab a table and order Mad Stone style chicken tenders on a stick.

The plates at Stone Mad have always been delicious. It goes beyond your typical Pub fare but, i have to admit, tends to be on the "heavier" side. Some recommendations: Polenta with Mascarpone ( rich and creamy!), green beans with almonds( a bit heavy on the butter), grilled Radicchio (yummy), apple fennel slaw (fantastic), beef brisket(quite good), stuffed peppers, and the good ole' Mad Stone burger...is huge. Enjoy this Gordon Square local...its worth a stop.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Victoria_Corrigan

Cleveland, OH
“seasonings went over the cliff!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

the appetizers and entrees for dinner were all interesting takes on some good standards, however the seasonings were very heavy handed on absolutely everything we tried. The chef needs to cut back on all of them. I think.

Visited June 2012
Cleveland OH
“great folks and patio”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The guiness pour is always great and their burger sliders are AWESOME

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Bryan F
Cleveland Ohio
“I feel a little unhappy”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stone Mad has one of the prettiest outdoor patios and I was all set to really enjoy this attractive restaurant. It sports an indoor bocce ball court and has a good bar all which add to the general ambiance. Several of my friends have raved about Stone Mad. After 1/2 hour wait for a table, a long wait for service, and a forty minute wait to be served my friends and I were ready to eat some good food. Unfortunately none of the food was good. The slaw had a tasteless dressing and bitter apples in it. The crabcakes were slightly burned, the mussels overdone and many of them closed, the breaded calamari was soggy, and the bread was greasy with a butter-like substance. Maybe if we were more drunk some of this might have tasted decent. The soup was luke-warm but tasty in comparison to the rest. My friends and I might be back for a beer but nothing else.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank eosmia
seattle
“Great food, flexible staff, good beer”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We went with a group of people and no one arrived on time except for my husband and I. The staff accommodated us and honor our reservations anyways. The renovations and decor in the building are fabulous. The bocce ball was fun. What is also special is that the staff remained calm during a choking episode at the table next to ours...so much that we didn't know what happened until the end of the night. I'm from out of town and if my travels bring me to Cleveland again I will go here.

Visited January 2012