“Sushi on the Square”
Review of SASAmatsu

SASAmatsu
Reserve with OpenTable
SASAmatsu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 1,854 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shaker Blvd
Transit: SASA is on the Rapid Transit Line--Shaker Square stop.
Brockport, New York
“Sushi on the Square”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had the avacado salad - a fusion that worked. Chicken with 5 mushrooms was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. The calamari was amazingly light for something fried.
The only negative was the noise level - I hate loud places and I had trouble hearing the waiter.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank David N

Streetsboro, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Solid Small Plates”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I went here for her birthday. We both really enjoyed it. Good food, good drinks and pretty decent service.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mramc23
Cleveland, Ohio
“Really Good Food!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been to Sasa on several occasions but have never written a review. I had not been here in while because the Manager was rude to the person paying for the meal; even after he had spent almost $1,000 on the party he was with. I have a habit of ordering the same thing every time I go back; Fire roll and Sasa Fries. Both of dishes are excellent. The fries and the dipping sauce that comes with them is to die for! Last night I added an item to my order; the Lobster and Shrimp Harumaki which is shrimp and lobster rolled like an egg roll. They came with a dipping sauce and some sort of vegetable side made up like cole slaw. As usual, everything was delightful. If you choose to go a little more American, you may want to try the sliders, the ribs

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nancy P
Cleveland, Ohio
“The best sushi in Cleveland”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to SASA for many years. We love to sit at the bar and have tried almost everything on the menu. Their hot food is just as good as their sushi! The SASA fries are amazing, and we also love the shrimp shumai. "The Rock" is a great medium plate too. The sushi is always fresh and some of our favorite rolls are the Tekka Tuna, Hawaiian, Buddy Buddy, and Spicy Dynamite. One of my favorite ways to start the meal is with the Miso Soup. It's wonderful; the best I have ever had anywhere in the U.S.!
If you are in the Cleveland area and want an excellent meal, SASA is worth the short drive!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sara l
Denver, Colorado
“Great sushi but stay away from the wine.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've been here twice and really like their sushi. However, we ordered a bottle of chardonnay the other night and sent it back - the second bottle wasn't much better and the prices are about 25% above the norm. Service was slow when we tried to pay the bill - took forever. But the food is good - drink sake or beer....

• Visited May 2013