“good overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“good overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

check in at 9 pm on a monday night with no reservation. clean room, no smoking. no smell. friendly staff. quiet. good breakfast.

only con is that there was no refrigerator.

We drove 10 minutes to George's kitchen which had pretty good reviews. lived up to its hype the service was good, food cheap and good, and the dinner for 2 came to 20$ including a generous tip!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
MOUNT AIRY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is my first on-line review of a hotel - I travel frequently for both work and pleasure. My husband and I arrived after 9 pm on a Sunday night. We were given a room and all seemed fine.

The hotel room had been redone however the halls reeked of smoke. We unpacked and got settled - I got ready to take a shower, walked into the toilet/shower area and immediately my shoes stuck to the floor - GROSS! I leaned over to turn on the shower and the entire fixture came away in my hand - it was not connected!

At the same time, my husband was attempting to turn on the heat. The unit on the wall wouldn't turn on and the window heater had only one knob.

Frustrated, I walked to the front desk where I was met by two hotel staff members - both were quick to assure me they had no notice of any issues in our room and they would have to come check it out. OK - I was under the impression that they believed I broke it. The one woman came to our room and I also explained about the heat.

She checked out the bathroom first - and kept repeating that she wasn't aware of a problem. Finally, I explained that IF I had broken it wouldn't the shower actually be wet? She finally piped down and decided to instruct us on the workings of the heater - guess what? No heat for her either.

She decided that we did indeed need a new room - she promised a new set of keys shortly. So we packed up everything, including our dog, for a move.

A good 20 mins plus later she arrives back with new keys - by this time it is well after 10 pm.

We arrive in our new room - heat works, shower works - all looks fine until I lift the toilet lid to use the bathroom - there is fecal matter and hair stuck to the toilet seat! OMG!! I knew it wasn't going to get any better so I used Lysol wipes to clean the bathroom.

We couldn't check out fast enough the next morning.

It is a shame as the location is easy on/off the interstate.

Sorry LaQuinta Cleveland - I won't be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank REBECCA E
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice, clean and comfortable room. Verrrry comfy king-size bed. Super friendly staff. Very affordable. Steps away from the subway which, for $5 for a day pass, will take you anywhere in Cleveland you want to go. We weren't expecting that but when we found out we enjoyed our weekend in Cleveland without having to worry about driving downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tina_Oco
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay. It was very easy to arrange an airport shuttle even though my flight arrived very late at night. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were knowledgeable about the area and offered useful advice for my travels. My room was clean and well-decorated. The location was particularly convenient because I needed to catch the train to my next destination, and the train/bus station was right across the parking lot (with a well-lit walkway leading straight from the La Quinta to the station). I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice hotel and is what you would expect from a La Quinta property. We do not eat breakfast at hotels or use their WiFi (we bring our own hotspots) so we can't speak to those amenities but the hotel was clean and staff was helpful. The one negative is the location.. Very convenient to the highway but the entrance is hidden inside another parking lot.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Downtown
Comfort Inn Downtown
#22 of 38 in Cleveland
3.5 of 5 stars 533 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North? Share your experiences!