“Hotel ok, Rooms NOT CLEAN”

La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Hotel ok, Rooms NOT CLEAN”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Ok, this was my first La Quinta experience because I had to bring my dog. I WILL NOT STAY HERE ever again, and here is why:

I would start by saying that they need to hire new cleaning personnel. I have stayed in MANY hotels and I am from the Cleveland area. The first thing I noticed about this room was that it looked as though the carpet hadn't been vacuumed in MONTHS!!! Especially around the edges. The toilet was half-cleaned (I wiped it down and disinfected it myself because there were "splash marks" on the underside of the seat) and there was a mysterious sticky substance on the nightstand.....no one wiped it down until I did. Gross. I didn't bother to complain because it was obvious that the cleaning personnel in this hotel don't care about the cleanliness and apprearance and they do BARE MINIMUM. The ceiling fan was even very dusty. Disgusting. I felt as though I was sleeping and walking around in other people's filth. I won't be staying here again, especially because I could have gone across town to the better one for the same price.

I was, however, very pleased with guest service and the breakfast. I enjoyed the size of the king size room and I liked the fact that there is a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms. Very nice. The fitness Center needs more stuff though, like weights. Just a few free weights would make things better and the equipment needs updating. The fridges and microwaves are very old, but still functional. I did enjoy the TV. :-) Thank you for a pleasant stay aside from the cleanliness. BE CLEANER!!!!

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are much better, king size rooms are much larger. Great space.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alicia G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ettalong Beach, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2012

If travelling to Cleveland and want to stay at La Quinta make sure you do not stay here. The other La Quinta (Airport West in North Olmstead) is significantly better. I was overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke residue every time I got on the lift. The general upkeep of this hotel is lacking. Unlike the other La Quinta (Airport West) there is no fridge in the room and no microwave either. The windows are filthy and look like they have not been cleaned in a really long time.

The location of this hotel is not near many restaurants or shops so I did not like the location.

Would I stay here again? Never. Do yourself a favour and look up the La Quinta Cleveland Airport West. You will have a much better experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Keithsutt
College Station, Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Well la quinta's are my typical choice because I like to bring the dog along. The room wasnt clean, left over dog food under the bed. Smoke detector hanging by a thread,,or cable I should say. One bar of soap. I will continue to stay at these hotels but will cross this one from the option list. The desk staff was nice and that earned the 4.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank travelerpadoc
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Not a bad stay for $60 for a king. 1st room was clean but heater sounded like an angry blender. Staff was super friendly and gave us a new room ASAP. Continental breskfast okay. Front desk recomended Si Senior around he corner for excellent Mexican. Not a bad location for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or checking out Ohio City.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank iwearblack
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport during a recent stay in Cleveland. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The shower had great water pressure, which is always a plus. The breakfast was a typical hotel buffet with cereal, waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, muffins, and bagels. The Puritas Rapid Transit station is across the parking lot, making this a great inexpensive place to stay if you want to go into the city without driving or paying for parking. It would be great for attending a Browns or Indians game, or for attending an event at Quicken Loans arena. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and will stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cincykat
North Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here on a family vacation.
Things we liked: availability of a 2-bedroom suite, a well-stocked breakfast, friendly staff, no dog fee, hotel is only stone's throw from a cut-through to a residential street to walk the dogs, an indoor swimming pool, immediately adjacent to a large mall, about 25 restaurants to choose from within 2 miles, reasonable rates.
Things that could be better: side entrance door wasn't working. The bed was too soft for me (but it was just right for my wife).
Overall, the hotel was just what we hoped for and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank movieglue
Gettysburg. PA
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We travelled to Cleveland to attend our son's graduation. The property was clean, the breakfast filling and the staff pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again, and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ktutino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Four Points by Sheraton Cleveland Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Cleveland Airport Marriott
Cleveland Airport Marriott
#15 of 38 in Cleveland
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland

Been to La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North? Share your experiences!