“Not that bad...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Toledo, Ohio
“Not that bad...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

Yeah, it was a little low on amenities, and I felt lucky to make it to the parking lot to the hotel without meeting up with any trouble, but it definitely could have been worse. The public areas (esp. elevators) were kind of dirty, but my room was clean and my bed was so comfortable that I got a great night's sleep. Never saw a single bug. I spent most of the day visiting my husband in the Cleveland Clinic so it was nice to have a place to crash after 15+ hours on their uncomfortable chairs. I rebooked a room there, so I guess it wasn't all that bad. Continental breakfast is pretty spartan (english muffins and an apple were all that appealed to me!) but at least it was free food, which is more than you can say for the Cleveland Clinic.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank cal331

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

The minute I checked in I wanted to check right out. This is a bug infested hotel! First the lovely spiders decorating the main entrance door, as my husband checked us in I went to the ladies room and was asked for "a few dolars" I gave the lady a 20 bill praying that's all she would take. I tried every bathroom stall until I ran out of options, after covering the toilet with layers of tissue I sit down and notice there is a mob of tiny jumping bugs having a party in the tampon container. I finaly get to my room... I just knew this was going to happen we lift the sheets to bare matress to find our friends that were going to have us for dinner! We asked to have our room changed and we did to find holes in the towels don't use the face rags they're only 60years old have were previously used as dish rags. Bathtub had 2 rings around it obviously never gets cleaned. The part that realy got to me was the food left under the bed I mean u can smell it as soon as u open the door. Decided to check out after 30 minutes when I asked about the iron they told me I would have to come get it and bring my id to keep in exchange for the iron. Realy? Anyways returned my keys, the staff didn't even ask me why we were checking out instead he says "well that was a quick one"

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank Baker221
Syracuse, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

Me and my friend are traveling cross country and this review is LEGIT. The hotel room was fine, just a standard room. Everything else was HORRIBLE. The parking lot was dangerous and I couldn't sleep all night because car alarms were going off and we were offered to "party" by a sketchy character in the parking lot. When we asked the hotel clerk if it was safe, he kept saying "it should be okay" over and over again. Pretty much, if you have the money, stay somewhere safer. Or better yet don't come to Cleveland cuz it sucks.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank lindz117
chicago, il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

Went for the weekend to cleveland, booked this room for 2 nights. The lobby appeared nice and clean so I thought it was fine. Got to my room and noticed a dirty floor in the bathroom, I checked the bed to find hair and hair grease all over the sheets! I immediately asked for another room...this one smelled, I asked for another room..this one needed to be vaccumed and the phone was black with dirt, the sheets appeared clean so I accepted the room. Now I have bites all over my back, I checked for bugs but didn't see any...still have the bites..I would recommend spend the extra cash and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank glynnism2002
Yakima, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was anticipating on what my room would be like because i was reading the reviews a few months in advance and concerned on what my stay would be like. I was happy to say that it wasn't as bad as i had anticipated. Fortunately i did not experience the terrible lack of housekeeping or bugs or rude staff. I do agree that this place needs some help, but probably more of a replacement of carpets, mattresses, tile, etc. instead of just a good old scrub down. the staff was always kind and courteous to us. If i had to be in Cleveland and money was an issue then i would do it again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nightryder10
Kailua, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Don't even consider this dump! Drove into the parking lot and there was an active drug deal going on.. Went in to get some Chinese food and all they had was a cheesy diner menu.. There were 2 scuzzy looking dudes doing shots at the bar, not a soul in the restaurant.. Drove away as soon as possible!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank BronxJorge25
hamilton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

I read all the previous reviews and thought since it was so affordable and right downtown cleveland we would give it a shot. Keeping an open mind , the first thing we noticed was there were NO LIGHTBULBS in the entire room. 6 lights all without lightbulbs!! how does housekeeping miss this, and if they dont care about lights then what else are they not caring about....

Well I will tell you.

The plumbing has serious issues, every time you turn on the cold water it shakes the entire sink and a loud creaking emits that can be heard from the elevator (literally).

Hair everywhere. Not mine, or my wifes....

bathtub has the grip tape peeling off and because it is sticky and not entirely peeled off it has alot of dirt stuck to it.

Towels has stains, sheets seemed clean, but because of the other things we found we opted to sleep above the covers. Luckily Cleveland was a pit stop for us and we only stayed the one night.

Swimming pool although advertised was full of algae.

I love deals, but next time I will pay twice as much to stay in a decent hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple