“Low value for money”

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Low value for money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you wanted to experiencing living/sleep in a Pizza Hut or Subway kitchen, then you must pick this hotel to stay at. From the moment you open the door of your hotel room, a strange odor hits you and refuses to go away until you leave the hotel. Our family checked into a suite on Thursday (3/27) and had plans of staying till 4/4 but were forced to check out several days earlier to move into a nearby Wyndham Hotel. There was a music concert series happening at Cleveland State University and proximity to the music venue was a big excuse for this motel to charge Marriott like rates. I have not seen too many suites where there is not a wall on the tub side of the bath and instead what you have is a shower curtain. Just too many things wrong to list here...vacation from hell as my son liked to call it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ShivaR861

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

i travel from wv and have stayed here a total of 3 times so far and ive had a excellent experience each time. check in has always been quick and the staff has always been nice and helpfull. good value especially the fact that the rate includes parking, room, breakfast and shuttle to and from the clinic as well. Im actually going to stay there next month for an appt. i stayed in a king room and a standard room. i liked the standard room better due to there was a fridge there where i could keep my medicine. however it would be nice if there was a fridge in the king rooms as well. the breakfast was good. i highly recommend this hotel for any cleveland clinic patent that needs a place to sleep.

Room Tip: the cleveland clinic rate only applies to a standard room or a king room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Comfort INN! We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future. We hope that all is well for you and your family that had to visit the Cleveland Clinic.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My mother was a patient at st. Vincent hospital and we needed a place close by to stay one night. We were very pleased with customer service, parking, rooms nice and clean and the breakfast was very good! Theres also a pizza place and a subway right next to the hotel so we didnt have to go far at all to eat dinner when we got in at night. Would stay here again if ever in cleveland again. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Comfort INN! We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future. I hope you mom is doing well and that your next stay with us will be for pleasure.

Lansing, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We recently had a stay at this Comfort Inn. We had a family member having surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The shuttle to and from the clinic was a nice option.

The bed was comfortable, but the sofa and roll away were not so much. The shower looked a little dirty. The room itself was clean. The food was ok and very average.

All in all, it was a pretty decent stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 4disneyfans

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband was receiving treatment at the Cleveland Clinic so we stayed together a couple of nights and I had to stay alone several nights. I felt safe which was important to both of us. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is older but that does not matter to us if it is clean and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast buffet was delicious. The staff was very courteous and helpful. It also helped that there was parking underneath the hotel as we drove back and forth to the hospital. The parking fee was waived because of being treated at the Clinic which really helped. We had stayed at another hotel which was closer to the hospital but we paid $14.00/day to park which is very costly. We will always stay at this hotel for future visits/treatment at Cleveland Clinic.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and it was very quiet. The noise from elevators, etc. usually bothers us...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Weymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here one night on Super Bowl Sunday. Price was decent. Paid $7.50 to park which was ok since there was an attendant watching our truck 24/7. Quick cab ride to the casino area..$5 or so. Clean room and bathroom. All you can ask for! Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kellie224
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Comfort INN! We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future. I hope that your experience at our Casino was a successful one. Next time you come to Cleveland give me a call directly so that I may assist you with your reservation.

Thanks again,

Hearts Content, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was really upset when I discovered I could of paid 1/2 of what I did because I was going to the cleveland clinic. I used some travel hotel thing and I thought I was getting the best rate!! The night clerk informed me I could of booked with the hotel and got free parking for 1/2 of what I paid!! Made me feel stupid and even laughed about it...medical bills are mounting and they let this company scam me. NO WHERE on the site does it mention a better rate for cleveland clinic patients! The room was poor, the door lock was broken, bathroom fan broken, hanging from the celing and made an awful noise when used. Bedside lamp was broken, someone must of dropped it and it was cracked on the verge of falling apart. The tub was plugged up. I called front desk about the door and they said..."We know" REALLY!! FIX IT!! safty issues!! Being sick I just accepted it because I was too worn out from my trip to look for another hotel. I will never stay there again, and I will be in Cleveland quite often. Even with 1/2 off I would rather sleep in my car!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, read reviews and ask about a special rate for Cleveland clinic!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amy V
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at our hotel. When any guest has a less-than-satisfactory experience with us, we take it personally, and we take action. We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, and we regret not meeting that standard for you during your time with us. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be addressed in our next staff meeting. Again, I want to assure you that your insight will help us do a better job in the future for you and all our guests at the Comfort INN.

I especially want to apologize to regarding the rate for your stay and for the Front Desk Agent being less than professional during your check in. The last thing she should have done is laughed regarding your booking. I do realize that having to pay more then the other guests that are here for the Cleveland Clinic is unfair but we can't change rates once they are booked online. Our website does mention that special rate available to anyone visiting the Clev Clinic. It is not mentioned on 3rd party websites such as Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia etc. If we did advertise on them then everyone would say they are here for the hospital.

Should you need to come to Cleveland again Please call me directly so that I may assist you with your reservation and I will see what I can do to make up for your previous stay.

Max