All reviewsbotanical gardensart museumuniversity circleold mansioncampus of case western reserveseverance hallsun roomwithin walking distancecultural attractionsboutique hotelcleveland institute of musicfirst floorincluded breakfastcleveland clinicyogurtnice breakfastbreakfast room
Reviewed January 13, 2011

LOVE GLIDDEN, LOVE GLIDDEN, LOVE GLIDDEN. We had a lovely time, from the moment we walked in the door to the time we walked back out at the end of our stay. The entire staff worked to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We stayed for a weekend getaway (we live in Cleveland) and had a blast. The neighborhood is pedestrian friendly with great eateries and coffee shops, but back to Glidden, What a great place, I highly recommend it for business travel as well as leisure. We could not be happier with our weekend getaway at Glidden House.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
TheGliddenHouse, Front Office Manager at Glidden House, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Dear ClevelandBob,
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend getaway at the Glidden House! We hope that you visit us again!
Best,
Laura Williams
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stayed at Glidden House for an interview at the close by university hospitals. I wish I had been on a more leisurely trip because the hotel was amazing. Its in a older house converted into a hotel with 3 floors. The public areas are absolutely beautiful. The staff were great. The complimentary daily breakfast is not to be missed. It is served in the old and beautiful dining room of the house. The rooms were well outfitted. I was impressed to see the flat screen TV on the wall. Nearby (within walking distance) are the art museum any symphony as well as Case Western. If I came back to Cleveland for a more leisurely vacation, i would without a doubt stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
TheGliddenHouse, Front Office Manager at Glidden House, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2011

Dear Fallingleaf21,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Glidden House! We hope that you will stay with us again.
Laura Williams
Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 7, 2010

I have been to Cleveland many times times while visiting the Cleveland Clinic on business but had always stayed at the Intercontinental. My host booked me into The Glidden House this time and I could not have been happier with my stay! The room was very comfortable with a HUGE flat screen tv. Breakfast was included and offered many options. The breakfast staff was very friendly. It was only a 5 minute drive to the Clinic. I had problems printing my boarding pass and the front desk staff(Laura and Tony) could not have been more helpful. What a wonderful hotel! The lobby lounge is warm and inviting, even if the bar stools are a tad uncomfortable. I will definately return to The Glidden House the next time I am in Cleveland.

Reviewed December 2, 2010

Unparalleled location for business at Case Western Reserve; generously proportioned rooms; lots of amenities; and no fault to find... except in two respects.

1) The attitude of the early-twentysomething women who staff the front desk, who oh-so-clearly feel that they are Called To Better Things, is a bit of a trial. Cool nonchalance, bordering on indifference -- angels, we know that you don't see your futures in the hospitality industry. We know that you're only marking time till the screen tests are seen by the right director. We know that without your needing to point it out. You're better than we are; we accept it. Thank you for existing; it brightens our sad little dreary lives. But... All that acknowledged, now can you address the question that I put to you some while ago?

2) The baked goods at the morning buffet. Note to catering staff: That the factory moulded the same basic-recipe bread dough into the shape of a croissant, of a crumpet, of a bagel, does NOT mean that what you've elected to serve your guests are bagels, crumpets, croissants. Butter-rich flakiness of puff pastry, doughy nooks and crannies, elasticity of the boiled-then-baked bagel -- none of those. Just bread. Bleagh. Cleveland must have bakeries that can supply you with REAL croissants, crumpets, and bagels. Go, quest, seek them out. Please.

Summary: Recommended, with hedgings. The front desk personnel confuse "high-class" with snooty, the kitchen staff "assortment of baked goods" with same bread / different shapes. Bear that in mind when readying yourself to stay here and you'll have a lovely time. And if you must have carbs for breakfast, I can recommend the porridge.

5  Thank Koermendi
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Rooms are very comfortable - we stayed in a suite in the old part of the inn. Handsome furnishing, modern yet respects it rich heritage. Beds a bit soft but we slept well. Absolutely no shelves or hooks to store toiletries or hang a robe in or near the bathroom. Breakfast was plentiful and high quality if limited selection and the breakfast staff were wonderful. Maid staff was very helpful and friendly. Some of the reception staff were excellent, others not helpful or attentive
Glidden House Inn is in the middle of Case Western Reserve University, two blocks from many cultural attractions including Museum of Art, parks, music, etc. 15 min walk to Little Italy. Several good restaraunts very close - the one next door is excellent, and the coffee house behind the inn is very good, especially if you like a college atmosphere. Free parking. Very pleasant, low key place. Free access is easy, and it takes only 15 min or so to drive to market, r&r hall of fame, etc. I would absolutely stay here again if I were to stay in Cleveland

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple