My wife and I, including our youngest daughter and her husband and their two children needed a comfortable place to stay that had good and safe surroundings, and gave us a feeling of "home". We chose the Glidden House and have not regretted it. The boutique hotel was steep in history (circa 1910) and yet had a new look feel to it, and the rooms were quite comfortable. There were only 60 rooms (52 regular rooms and 8 suites) and so you never really had that high density feeling compared to the big hotels.
Our grandchildren loved the surroundings, taking daily walks to the pond across the Museum of Art. Public art, museums, and a lovely university community surrounded the hotel. Even without a car, everything was a good leisurely walk --- museums, restaurants, bars .... What a beautiful place to spend more than 2 whole weeks in Cleveland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer. The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Glidden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Cleveland, Ohio