Staff are very good, bedroom (room 319) is sufficient and has character – the downside is the very noisy air conditioning system throughout the hotel; the fan in the bathroom runs even when the light is switched off – the bathroom however has a decent size bath for the USA and it is clean and sufficient. The bathroom accessories e.g. soap are excellent. You can hear doors slam along the corridor so automatic closing (quietly) mechanisms would be greatly appreciated. Breakfast was OK, not stunning but sufficient. They have got several extensions to the original building and it is a shame that the build quality is variable; let’s hope the new building works are done to a high standard and are in keeping with the original building.
It is a real bonus that Glidden House is 4 minutes walk from L’Albatross Restaurant, which is currently rated No.1 on Trip Advisor – I enjoyed an excellent dinner there. Glidden House is also 5 minutes walk from the Art Museum, which I also found to be excellent. 7 out of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer.The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Glidden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Cleveland, Ohio