Having made a number of trips to Cleveland Clinic over the past year and tried different hotels and B&Bs, we most recently have been twice at Glidden House and decided it is best for us. It is built around a mansion of the early 20th century and is located right on the Case Western Reserve University campus. This means it is only a little over a mile from the Clinic and right next to wonderful museums and convenient to good restaurants (including the Little Italy neighborhood that I particularly like). Our room was excellent, but it is the public area of the hotel and the breakfast area which are most extraordinary in decor and furnishings. The artwork on the walls is of particular interest. The breakfast buffet is not quite as wonderful as the rest of the hotel but still perfectly adequate. We would be glad to go back even when we don't have Clinic appointments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer. The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Glidden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Cleveland, Ohio