This is probably the nicest place to stay in Cleveland. The original house is charming and the location is excellent, away from the congestion of downtown (although afternoon campus traffic can get pretty heavy). It is very convenient (walking distance) to many of Cleveland's attractions, Little Italy and some of the best restaurants. The neighborhood is very nice. The mansion suite we stayed in was very up-to-date, nicely decorated (chic) and equipped with a spacious, modern bathroom. I don't believe that there were feather pillows available and the sheets could have been softer but those are quibbles - the bed was comfortable.The service was very good with some stand-out, extra-helpful staff members and the breakfast buffet, while not ultra-gourmet, was very complete with a remarkably large variety of hot and cold choices and very convenient. Parking is included on-site. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer. The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Glidden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Cleveland, Ohio