When we arrived on Saturday, there was a wedding, so there was no parking but valet. That worked out ok, but was a little worrisome.
The front desk was nice and helpful. The hotel is clean and it is walking distance to the art and natural science museum as well as Severence Hall.
The room was small, but nice. However, the bed was horrible. They covered a lumpy mattress with a feather mattress cover. The middle of the bed was 6 inches higher. My side slopped and I had to hang on or I would have rolled out of bed. At my request, they replaced the lumpy feathers with another cover, but the mattress was still horrible (like sleeping on sloped corncobs).
On a positive note, the included breakfast was the best! They provided a variety of excellent foods (steel cut oatmeal, eggs, breakfast rolls, etc). Real quality in a gorgeous room.
So, great location and staff, but room was not great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer. The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Glidden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Cleveland, Ohio