“Disappointed”

Light Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West 28th Street
Transit: RTA trains are within walking distance and buses stop within 1 block of the restaurant.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food just was not seasoned well. I ordered a hand made pizza, and the taste resembled that of plain tomato sauce, on plain dough with some cheese sprinkled on it. To make things worse, I went to the bathroom and there was no soap, this is disgusting when talking about a restaurant.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went to the Light Bistro on Sweetest Day so they may have not been at their best. The Bistro has a nice decor, but we found the TV showing Crime Stoppers in the back dining area distracting and inappropriate. It was eventually turned off, but should not have been on in the first place. The crispy garbanzo beans were disappointing but were removed from the bill. The beef that was featured as part of the Prix Fixe was chewy, despite strong flavors from the marinade. My scallops were just a little cool and not quite cooked to where I would have like them. Since 'not quite' is much better than too much, I ate them anyway and the sauce and presentation was good. The quantity was not large, but felt like enough.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The menu offered solid choices but it was the specials that made me hungry. Salmon, Thai chicken. the service was efficient but the noise level was a bit high for a business lunch. Would definitely return for a dinner.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our server was very attentive, and the restaurant was convenient to where we stayed. They had a nice selection of drinks, and the server gave advice on what to order. But my scallops were salty almost to the point of unpleasant. I ate them because I was tired and famished after a day of sightseeing. Restaurant is okay, but don't go out of your way for it.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We went to Light Bistro to celebrate my 59th birthday. Our server, Levio, was a gem! When I asked for the tasting menu, he explained that it wasn't on the menu that day. When I said it was one of the main reasons I had made reservations there for my birthday, he smiled and said he'd talk to the chef. The chef agreed to make us a 5 course tasting menu, asking what foods we don't eat. I asked for no coconut or mustard, but anything else was a go. WOW!! The meal was wonderful! Every course was made with fresh ingredients and artistic talent! Levio seriously made dinner a true event. Terrific!

1  Thank Deb44431