“Stay Away !!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Roundtown Cafe
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I live very close - I can walk to it in less than 5 minutes, I would not eat here if the food was FREE. Terrible food and poor service.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I moved to Circleville over a year ago and notice this small café. On my first visit I ordered the famous chicken crisp (very good salad0 I love it. I also love the everyday homemade specials, my family and I will continue to eat at Janets Roundtown Café and enjoy every bite!!!!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We happened upon this corner diner while returning home from running an errand. We were expecting some good old home cooking, but with a few exceptions, we left disappointed.

The positives: a friendly, courteous and efficient waitress. Excellent sweet potato pie.

The negatives: while not what I would consider filthy, the place needs a good spring cleaning. I couldn't help seeing the dust on the fans and the ceiling, all the time wondering if it would drop into my food. I ordered the meatloaf, which is usually a good way to judge the quality and taste of diner food. The portion was surprisingly small, especially for a diner. The taste was good, but the bottom of each piece was hard, I think from being reheated. Each of the two pieces were about the size of a playing card.

The radio station was too loud and annoyingly full of static.

Although far from a horrible dining experience, there is nothing here that merits a second visit. It always saddens me when independent restaurants can't compete with some of their corporate cousins. Especially when these flaws are so obvious and very easy to remedy!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This cafe serves food you'd like to have had in the cafes of the Fifties, Sixties, and Seventies. My spouse and I enjoyed our meat loaf sandwiches. They were truly sandwiches ---not those open-faced gravy covered types hidden with mashed potatoes. The meat loaf was home made and quite tasty although there was too much Worcestershire sauce on or in the meat. We would have loved to try the home made peanut butter cheese cake but the sandwiches filled us up.

2  Thank BunnyoftheGlen