“Fine, Just Fine”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Circleville
Traverse City
“Fine, Just Fine”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was in Circleville on business for a couple of nites, so decided to hit the Holiday Inn Express. It is usually a comfortable, if not predictable, stop regardless of where I am. This particular night was very busy, and I took a queen suite as one of the 3 rooms left for the night. The front desk attendant was very friendly. I got into the room, ready for a shower - no soap to be found. The front desk "had to hunt a bar down" apparently because the order had not come in (along with toilet paper, which thankfully I had). After my shower (where I noticed the tub had a large blemish in the bottom), the bed was comfortable, the room temperature good, and TV selections abundant. The room had a sofa and desk, which made working from the room easy and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was pretty poor by hotel standards. The omelet was "crispy", the sausage was not tasty, and the coffee just ok.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but I will plan on eating breakfast across the road at Bob Evans!

Room Tip: Queen suite was like a more spacious room of old, including the sofa and desk.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Northern_Possum
Stephanie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response to your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Circleville Ohio. I am sorry to hear of the issues that you had during your stay with the soap and breakfast bar items. I am glad to see that the front desk agent was very friendly during your check in. We are always working to make every guests stay the best possible. We value your response and will use this to help better our hotel. I hope that the issues that you had during your stay will not stop you from staying with us again. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 6, 2013

2 rooms left on a saturday late night, easily checked in, front desk was awesome, great nites sleep. we had a second floor facing the front, view was not an issue. good continental free breakfast, and a tim hortons right next door! clean and comfortable, would stay there again any time.

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Circleville strive to make sure that each and every guest has the most memorable stay possible. I am happy to hear that we were able to impact your stay and make it memorable for you. Again thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to seeing you again on you next trip to Circleville.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were enjoying a weekend with one of our stops in Circleville. This is the weakest HIE I have visited yet. The reception staff was lukewarm at best. I request a room as far from smoking as possible when making a reservation. She made a great speach regarding their need to work to move us to honor my request. (Tip to HIE: It's 2013 make the hotel non-smoking)

Our room was tired with a patched wall, torn lamp shape, water stains on the ceiling, and what appeared to be blood spots on the carpet. There's no discount for this place being run down. We will look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Busywithbusiness
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Busywithbusiness,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Circleville, OH.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I actually wanted to see the room before hand to make sure the room was satisfactory. It was. The rooms could use some updating. The beds and pillows are comfortable. The only complaint is the air didnt cool the room as it should have. The staff is friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, TN
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Rooms were clean. Loved the hot breakfast. Only thing I could complain about is the strong smell of chlorine in the pool area. Think they use too much in the pool. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Close to everything.

• Stayed June 2013
Kansas City
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past week while visiting Circleville. Our room was on the first floor and we found it to be very nice. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. After driving for many hours it was a relief to have a clean, comfortable room and the channels on the tv were extensive also with the direct tv. I enjoyed the breakfast both mornings and found the variety of food available really great, it wasn't just a bunch of carbs with donuts and pastry..eggs, yogurt and sausage were available in addition to the regular cereal and bread items. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your awesome feedback. I'm very happy to hear that my staff has been extremely helpful during your visit. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide to our guests. It means a lot to us when we know the guests leave with a positive feeling that they have truly enjoyed their experience. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Circleville and we hope to see you again soon!
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just came back from circleville, Ohio stayed at Holiday Inn and Suites. Very easy to get to. Very Clean and BIG rooms. My favorite was the King size with a Jacuzzi. Separate jacuzzi area from the bathroom. Very unexpected. That is the room my aunt stayed in. I thought i had asked for a room with two queens for my mother and myself but we got the one queen and a pull out sofa. I slept on the sofabed, which was decent. The rooms also had a mini fridge, with sink, coffee area, and cabinet. Very nice looking. Nice travel size ammenities. Walmart directly across the street with a strip mall of decent stores and places to eat. only about 40 minutes from Columbus Airport. Indoor Pool and workout area nice. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Eggs, sausage were yummy! plus the normal cereals.... i would stay there again if ever out in that area again. The drive to other cities were not bad either. we went to Lancaster which was like 20 minutes away and also there is another town chilicothe (sp) it had alot of what you need home away from home. Target, Olive Garden, movie theater and lotssss of other stores you might want to shop in. All in all , it was not a bad place to stay whatsoever!!

Room Tip: if its just two of you in one bed, get the king with jacuzzi suite. try for third floor, so you don...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jessica M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for filling out this amazing review for our Hotel! We are looking forward to your future stays! It is always our goal to make sure you have a great stay when you choose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Circleville, Ohio!! I will share this with my staff as well
Also consider these accommodations in or near Circleville
Quality Inn & Suites
Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center
Quality Inn Chillicothe
Quality Inn Chillicothe
#6 of 8 in Chillicothe

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville? Share your experiences!