“High Expectations”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: The Tuscan Table offers authentic Italian cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere.
Traverse City
“High Expectations”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

After reading the other reviews of the Tuscan Table, I was looking forward to my dinner (although alone) while traveling on business. There were many good things about this restaurant.

First, the maître d' was very prompt and courteous. He quickly seated me at a very acceptable seat. I should point out that the front dining room (I think the back is only a bar, but not sure - I didn't check it out) is in full view of the kitchen, similar to a diner setting. With this said, it is not noisy and I did not find it unpleasant. However, if you are looking for a romantic setting, this may not fit.

The bottled beer was accompanied with a nicely frozen glass. When I asked for a second, a new glass was also delivered. Since it was a Tuscan theme, I opted for the Chicken Marsala, which was recommended by the maître d' over the Chicken Parmesan. While I waited, fresh bread was delivered. It was good, but not great. When the Chicken Marsala came out, it was hot, the chicken was fairly juicy, and the noodles were cooked properly. However, the overall flavor just was not great.

In a nutshell, the service was very good, the atmosphere pretty good, and the food just average.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Northern_Possum

Stoutsville, Ohio
“Pleasant dinner”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband & I had a night to ourselves, so off we went to the closest thing we have to Italy - The Tuscan Table. My husband had the steak stroganoff & I had a chicken & pasta dish. The food was excellent & the service was very good. The wine steward was very attentive. I was pleasantly surprised because I have not been there for more than a year due to my past experiences with slow service. This was a very pleasant evening and we hope to return soon!

• Visited August 2013
Laurelville, OH
“Friendly staff, great pizza”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We visit the Tuscan Table regularly and always start with the Principato Pinot Noir. We had been introduced to it at one of the wine tastings the restaurant often offers. Yes, we are creatures of habit! That means we also regularly order the pizza. You order by picking your sauce, e.g. Marinara, Alfredo, etc, then the cheese, then two toppings. I usually order the oil and herb sauce, mozzarella, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. Until recently, the crust was a lovely crispy flatbread, but now it is a delicious traditional crust. Every time I order, I miss having the flatbread, but when my order arrives, I realize the new crust is very, very good.

The staff is very friendly, especially Todd. Food comes quickly to the table. If you are really in a hurry, order the pasta, which can be put together just like the pizza. And arrive before 6 pm to catch happy hour prices.

• Visited March 2013
ohio
“A Pleasant Find in Circleville”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We visited here for the first time last night for Valentine's Day dinner. We had heard good things about their food so we decided to give them a try. It's located just off the main street through town, so it's easy to find. I don't know if they always have the tables packed together so close or not, but it was very tight to get between them. The fact that they had a musical combo set up did take up some of the space. We shared the mushroom appetizer which was your normal deep fried mushrooms. They were good, but certainly nothing special. I had a caesar salad and the dressing was very good. Hubby had the garden salad and it was your standard fare. There was no salt and pepper on the table so we had to ask for some ground pepper. Although everyone around us had dinner rolls, we were never offered any, nor was hubby offered any shaved cheese for his salad which everyone else had as well. I think our waiter was just a little overwhelmed. One of the specials for the night was a filet with garlic mashed potatoes and spice rubbed carrots. I have to say, it was probably one of the best filets I have ever had. A little under cooked, but still very tender with a great flavor. Hubby had the steak medallions with fettucine and thought it was delicious. His steak too was under cooked, but it was still tasty. It took a while for our food to be delivered, but they were nearly full, so it was not unexpected. The kitchen staff was really pushing out the food. I'm sure we will come back on a "normal" day and try their lunches. The meals are a bit pricey, but the pasta dishes certainly offer generous portions.

• Visited February 2013
Columbus, OH
“Below Our Expectations”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have dined here numerous times since their opening. It was a nice addition to this small community that abounds in fast food and pizza parlors. We had heard some mumblings about some slippage in the restaurant, but went with the idea of a nice dinner and evening to share with friends. We were not in a hurry, so initially time was not a question. We ordered drinks during the Happy Hour time period. Our waiter never checked back before the Happy Hour was over to see if we wanted to reorder. That is pretty much a "usual" at other establishments, but if that had been the only slip, the evening would have been fine. The four of us ordered a variety from the menu: Pasta Primavera, Eggplant Parmesan, The Tuscan Tenderloin Medallions, and lastly the Pork Saltemboca. Of those, the eggplant dish was the only one with no issues. The Pasta Primavera was luke warm, the tenderloin was one piece of meat (not medallions). And worst was the pork dish. It in no way resembled what was described in the menu. We requested the waiter bring a menu, and we checked again what was described. Not close! Basically, it was a grilled pork chop. When we again called the waiter over and said this was not what was ordered, he said that they had "not served it like that( as described in the menu)" for some time. He asked if we wanted something else, and lasagna was ordered to replace the pork chop. One would not expect to wait 20 minutes for a replacement by what is pretty much a staple in an Italian restaurant. At one point in the long wait, the hostess came by to refill waters and asked how everything was. We said it would be much better if the fourth member of the party had his meal! Management needs to get this place shaped up or the patronage will continue to dwindle.

• Visited February 2013