“A Night at the Castle”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Circleville
Castle Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Circleville B&B and Inns
Hiram
“A Night at the Castle”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife surprised me for my birthday with a night getaway at this interesting and unique property. Built in 1899 by a local farmer-race horse breeder it has some really cool history and flavor.

Our innkeeper and attendant Patsy was extremely friendly, sharing stories about the property and providing us with 2 outstanding meals, dinner and breakfast! The chocolate bundt cake was outstanding!
We stayed in the medieval room on the 3rd floor and had plenty of space, a good bed, nice shower and a 2 person hot tub. Recently being remodeled the suite was clean, in good repair and almost completed.

Due to the Inns proximity to railroad tracks (and there was train traffic every hour all night long) bring your ear plugs! I do not believe that any amount of insulation would prevent hearing the train noises so close, so be prepared for a restless night. The walls have little insulation so noise from adjacent guests is quite loud, especially hot tub pumps and plumbing fixtures.

The property is in a state of semi-disrepair with many areas under construction. However, we had plenty of hot water, heat and A/C and no problems with any of the other amenities.

As a restful, quiet, B&B not so good, as a murder mystery destination probably a good choice especially if you book it with a number of friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PJKHiram

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Zanesville
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Surprised my hubby for his birthdays? The Inn is very old and in need of much repair, but what isn't. Our Innkeeper, Patsy was wonderful and made the best meals for us. We had a candlelight dinner and before we finished our meal, she was upstairs lighting candles in our room. We had a very relaxing time. The only downside is that it is located near train tracks that are active on a Friday night.

Room Tip: The higher up in the castle, the warmer it is. We stayed on the third floor and were glad the weathe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deb K
canton, OH
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to the Castle Inn back in November to experience their Murder Mystery. Loved it! T he innkeeper provided all 5 couples with scripts & background stories as well as really cool costumes. ( I was a bit of a floozy in a short magenta sequin dress with a long 'flapper' necklace and a feather in my hair. My husband was a doctor complete with a white coat, stethoscope and blood pressure cuff. What a hoot!) The other couples were WAY fun and we all stayed in character which really made the evening a success. The only 'downer' I suppose was the dinner - it had lots of room for improvement, but that isn't why we went so it was really no big deal. We went to have fun at a murder mystery and that we did! The castle was way cool and all of the rooms were very unique. Of course the murder mystery cost more that just a night's stay, but we had our Entertainment coupon which gave us a second night for free. We were told that they change their themes and characters so we will be going back again. I highly suggest you join us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Being a structure over two centuries old, one can only assume there will be repairs in progress and creaky floors etc, (him e the "pardon our dust" signs). the rooms are beautiful and the staff is super friendly and approachable. We were served a delicious dinner and a lovely breakfast.

The only downside is the price is a little high to not have basic amenities such as shampoo etc, but usually people prefer to bring their own. I loved the murder mystery experience and would definitely come back

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I read some of the neg. reviews. However, I have a sense of adventure and went for it, had the greatest time. Loved the history of the place, would love to have as my home.
As for the less than perfect reviews... it's a CASTLE for heavens sake. Yes, it is drafty, a bit musty, old and the pipes make ghostly sounds. That is the charm. If you want 'perfect'... there is always a Hyatt, where you will awake to 'anywhere USA'. Frankly, life is short, I love the challenge of imperfection. I am not a cookie cutter kind of woman. But if you are... hey, it's your life.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the circular, corner rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brie b
west portsmouth
Reviewed September 11, 2012

my son's girlfriend wanted to stay at the castle for her birthday.i made the reservation to keep her from finding out about it {e-mail} i called and talked to a sweetheart of a lady named jean she was so very pleasant and helpful.she sent me everything from direction's to menu items to pick from.the kid's said they were treated great from the time they got there until they left.dinner and breakfast were both very good as was the room and service...now i have been informed that it's my turn to take the wife there.(both of them have big mouth's) lol...so i guess i will make another reservation and see for myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverview, Michigan
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I spent the last four nights in different inns/lodges around Ohio. By far, the bottom of the list was the Castle Inn. I had viewed this B&B previously online and was put off by some of the comments. However, sometimes it seems some of the reviewers expectations seem higher than mine so I decided to see if it was true in this case. Unfortunately the negative reviews were correct. The whole place seems to be in a state of repair - case in point - the front door is NEVER used as it is too fragile. There was a leak in the roof so several areas of the house were being repaired. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and there was tile on the ceiling that was cracked and crumbling and definitely in need of repair. In addition, the carpeting was so dirty/stained that several floor rugs were strewn about.

I have never been to a B&B that did not provide the basics - and I'm talking basics. There was no shampoo or conditioner; no blow dryer, no kleenex, and half a roll of toilet paper with no extra. Really???? So okay, maybe we could do without the blow dryer and kleenex but I really think the others are essentials. And the bedding was what I would consider less than a two star hotel would provide - not the usual luxurious bedding found in $200/night B&Bs.

Breakfast was okay but, again, not worthy of $200/night. We had scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, and english muffins. Not the apple pancakes or french toast mentioned on the website.

Overall a real disappointment - I guess my expectations are just as high as the other reviewers after all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bbtrips75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Circleville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Circleville
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/rickenbacker
The Mitchell House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Castle Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!