“Excellent Customer Service and Food.”

Arabica Coffee House
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Locally owned coffee shop featuring all of your favorite coffee/espresso drinks. Smoothies, frappes, chai, and over 12 loose leaf teas also available. We have fantastic made-to-order breakfast sandwiches, home-made soups, sandwiches, and our famous Chicken-Almond-Grape Wraps. We offer hand-dipped ICE CREAM from Ashby's Sterling! The best and creamiest around! We have a dining room, and also offer convenient drive-thru service.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

i just had to write a review on the service and the quality of food I received at Aribica this morning. I really hung out here for almost two hours drinking coffee, using the internet, and enjoying seeing many customers doing the same thing. The lady working behind the counter always had a smile for everyone. I ordered their soup of the day, (chicken noodle) to go and I just finished eating it and it was fantastic!! Thank you Chesterland Aribica keep up the great work, you have a customer for life!!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I asked for the WiFi password and was told it is only available with a purchase. I shared that I was planning to purchase a latte and lunch. The next comment was you cannot bring any other beverages or food from outside. I had a bottle of water. She appeared more worried about the $1 (the cost of a bottle of water) she lost in food sales then my comfort in using her services. So, instead of losing $1, I left, and she lost lunch and coffee for me AND I was meeting a friend there -- so she lost their business as well. I shared with her my disappointment with the service and her comment was "have a good day" in a sarcastic tone as if she could care less that she lost my business. By the way, there were only two other people in the establishment on a beautiful Saturday morning at 11:30 a.m. Apparently, others already learned about customer service and know to spend their dollars elsewhere.

2  Thank Robin L
Kathy F, Owner at Arabica Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I remember the two customers and their visit. However, I must point out severe discrepancies in the review. First, we do offer Free WiFi for CUSTOMERS. These ladies came in and took a seat in the dining room and tried to get on-line. You need a code from us to get on-line. One came up and asked if we had WiFi. I said "Yes, for customers". She said that they were both going to buy lunch. I gave them the code and she returned to their table. (It is not unusual for customers to set up their computers, paperwork, etc... before ordering. We are completely fine with that, and are not like many coffee shops in industry that print code on receipt.)

After approx. a half hour, I was out in the dining room and noticed that they had brought in coffee from Dunkin Donuts. It was not water as stated. I told them not to bring in outside food or beverages. In all this time, they had not ordered anything and were just using our table, seating and Wi-Fi. They got upset that I told them about bringing in outside food/drink and they packed up, brought the code to me, and said they'd never be back.

We have run into situations where two or more people are meeting, and one brings coffee from somewhere else. We usually offer them a free cup to transfer the drink to so our logo is seen, not another companies. In most cases the patron understands and is happy to comply, plus their fellow patrons order from us and everyone is happy.

We are sorry it did not work out with the ladies in this case. We feel we gave them plenty of time to order, and did not say anything else until I saw the competitors coffee cups. It would be like taking a Whopper and Fries from Burger King into a McDonalds to use their WiFi.