“Homey and Delightful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marigold Bed and Breakfast

Marigold Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterland
Marigold Bed and Breakfast
You added Marigold Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Chesterland B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Homey and Delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

A beautiful property in the western part of Geauga County. Added treat to see the alpacas and llamas raised there. Bed was very comfortable and rooms had private baths. A lovely breakfast was served by our gracious hostess. The B & B is in a good location to explore the countryside and quaint towns like Chardon and Chagrin Falls.

Room Tip: Choose the jacuzzi room if you can or a room facing the backyard.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband & I stayed at this inn August 2012. We looked forward to this trip when we saw the photos & read about it online. Nothing was true-the inn is a mess. It is dirty, dingy, old, and completely not kept up. When we rode up the long driveway & got to the house we almost turned around but since they had our money, we stayed. The outside is so overgrown & messy it should have told us what was inside. It was no better. Window A/C that are set to temp. & it was 90+ so the room was never cool. The 'library' room was a joke-dusty books from a used book sale with old, old, furniture. This was a lesson for us & we hope to warn others. Too many other nice inns to stay in.

Room Tip: No good choice of rooms here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Christine L

Travelers are raving about these Chesterland hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The owner and manager seem nice but were perhaps distracted by an upcoming event at the Inn. I also stayed using a coupon and payed over $50 above the stated price for an "upgrade" as they did not have any upcoming vacancies that matched the coupon before it expired. I did not receive any wine and cheese. I was advised that the drain in the shower was "backing up" and not quite fixed (in fact there was grit and I don't know what else sitting in the shower). Reading these other good reviews made me envious--I was never informed about trails on the land, feeding llamas, or using the golf cart.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Roadie8765
Beverly J, Manager at Marigold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I'm so sorry you were not happy with you stay with us. I always take it very personal and will
try harder. This was in May that you were here and we were extremely busy but do try to
make everyone feel they are special because you are. I'm not sure why you didn't get your
wine and cheese. I can send you wine if you like.
Let me know.
Beverly
STOW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our stay at the Marigold B&B was one of the most wonderful experiences, we have had. Our host treated us like family. The beautiful location, the lamas, the breakfest outside, and the way we were treated will sure to bring us back, for another visit. The beautiful countryside of the area was well worth the trip. Again, We can"t say enough about our hostess Beverly, she was one of the reasons our stay was great. Thanks again, and hope to visit again, real soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My First B&B experience was a pleasure and a joy. Our room was comfy and cute, the entire house was charming. The Llamas too. My favorite part was Breakfast which began with coffee and fresh fruit served outdoors in a tranquil setting. What a great way to start the day. Then eggs, maybe bacon and pancakes or thick french toast with pure maple syrup. Oh My! Best of all is Beverly, always there to anticipate our needs or share information. I came for a wedding and family reunion. I will stay here again and look forward to it. Thanks for a wonderful time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Taking personal time away to reflect and recharge found the perfect recipe at Marigold B & B with Beverly as the Hostess. The quiet of the woods, the privacy of the spotless room and Beverly's warm friendliness calmed me in soul and also served as my home base when I was exploring the neighboring villages. Thank you Beverly!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the house tend to be more like suites and larger. All of the rooms are cl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hartland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The setting is very beautiful and isolated from chaos. We were greeted with a bottle of wine and a cheese platter in the evening and sat on the patio drinking and laughing all evening with the other guests. The owner and other guests let us know where to dine and shop or go sightseeing.

Our room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. There is a mini-fridge outside the rooms for convenience, as well as access to the full kitchen. We received delicious, organic breakfasts each morning. We had a truly relaxing, fun-filled girls weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterland
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 406 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 166 reviews

Been to Marigold Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!