“Magnifico”
Review of Sapore Restaurant

Sapore Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapore Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Chesterland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Truly a neighborhood gem in Chesterland, Ohio. My husband and I had a 5 star dinner and will for sure be returning again and again. The food is fresh and of high quality. The price for the meals are great buys for all the food you receive. You will never leave feeling hungry. The building is quaint, cozy and romantic If you have not dined at Sapore yet you are really missing out on a wonderful and delicious dining experience.

5  Thank ChefMEK

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Had a great dinner at this small restaurant next door to the Paganini cooking school in Chesterland. My pasta course was a goat cheese gnocchi was amazing melt in your mouth loveliness. The fish of the day black bass was served with arugula pesto and perfectly cooked. Overall a great meal. Dining room is small and there are opnly open on the weekend and thursday nights. We will be back

6  Thank elizabeth p
Reviewed April 12, 2012

So we have now eaten at Sapore (Sah poor ay) three times and it so SO worth the money, time, drive or whatever. If you don't live close YOU MUST try this restaurant. We first tried it on one of the cooking school's "date night" classes. It's only $35/pp and a good way to try the food here. You can go the the cooking school's website to see the menu that will be offered on one of the date nights. They are different themes and always fun.

The second time we dined here was for Valentine's. Okay, yes, it is a splurge but it was SO worth it. It was around $185 with tax/tip and before the bottle of champagne we bought which was fabulous. We live about two minutes from Sapore and would rather spend a little more close to home than drive downtown to Cleveland and mess with parking, valet, etc. Plus it was so wonderful NOT to have to drive home 30-45 minutes. The Valentine's dinner was something like six courses - no choices in the food - but who needs choices when you have Loretta Paganini herself cooking for you? Seriously SO good. If you ever have a chance to try her crab martini salad or her homemade ravioli with saffron sauce - DO IT. I am not a fish person and figured I would take a bite and then give the salad to my husband. Nope, it was one of the best dishes of the night along with the saffron sauce ravioli.

The third time we ate here was for my birthday. I got the meat fixed-price menu and my hubby got the seafood each $60/pp. Again, special occasion dining for us but it was all fantastic.

I know the perception is that Chesterland is this sleepy little country town but there is nothing little about Sapore. Whether you are local or live far away, if you want an amazing meal in a charming setting, try Sapore.

6  Thank DHK017
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Anyone that actually dined at Sapore would know that the nearest hotel with a concierge is 30 minutes away. Despite the restaurant being absolutely worth the drive, it is unlikely that a "concierge" would make this recommendation given the distance. The spotless hardwood floors, and beautifully colored walls create a very inviting atmosphere that is spotless. It feels like you are sitting in an Italian home. The large window into the kitchen highlight spotless stainless steel worksurfaces where diners can watch the chef at work. A dirty restaurant doesn't let the public see into the kitchen. The review below is obviously an absolute fake.

Sapore is a real hidden treasure of authentic Italian cooking. All homemade pastas, risotto made to order, and a small enough space that each dish gets very personal treatment. I started with the poached pear salad- a beautiful half pear poached in red wine, candied pecans, maple-balsamic vinagrette. For my entree, I was very curious about the homemade pasta- I had the pasta trio- a choice of three dishes from a list of around 6 different dishes. Homemade, perfectly cooked, each with a rich sauce full of flavor. My favorite was the Parpardelle a la Toscana- Parpardelle pasta with a sauce of wild boar, carmelized onion, and wild mushroom. Incredible flavor!

Some of my dining companions had the Price Fixe dinner - 5 courses for $60! The main entree was Seared Beef Tenderloin Medallion wrapped in Prosciuutto in Port Demi-Glace --Sauce with Caramelized Onions and Gorgonzola Cheese Potato Puree (copied from their website.) Next time I go to Sapore, I plan to be very hungry.

I'm not a wine expert, but the wine list seemed quite thorough, with some interesting choices and even more important, great values. The staff helped us pick out a very reasonable bottle of wine that was very, very good- it was something I've never heard of. As a bourbon drinker (decidedly not Italian!) I did enjoy the nice list of high end bourbons.

The chef is more well known for her cooking school (Loretta Paganini School of Cooking) but certainly deserves to be included among the top chefs in Cleveland- a city with a wonderful food culture. Make the beautiful drive to Chesterland, and enjoy one of the Cleveland area's finest restaurants!

10  Thank Ludwig1824
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We are local Chesterland residents and try to go there for our monthly "date night". We were there this past Friday night and had such a wonderful experience. The food was so fresh! Every dish we ordered was sent back clean! I love the intimate setting. I am surprised by the negative review it recieved as we were there on the same night and had such a great meal!

8  Thank juliagulia630