“Grandma's getting tired!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Grandma's Homestead Restaurant - CLOSED

Grandma's Homestead Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Dutch, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Ohio
“Grandma's getting tired!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Sad to say, the food was not very good this time around. The chicken was VERY dry. Mashed potatoes were loaded with gravy so I don't know if they were instant or mashed, but the cabbage slaw was good. Hubby had a special which was chicken on top of mashed potatoes and noodles and he said it was just okay. I used to love this place but can tell Grandma is getting tired, as she has the restaurant up for sale. We used to see people lined up outside the door at noon, but not the day we were there. Enough said!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank sombrero6

Purgitsville, West Virginia
“food excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

got the buffet dinner. Food was hot and chicken was well done. It is also close to the Swiss Inn where we were staying.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank bss75
Stuart, Florida
“Make Sure You Find It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This off the main road about 200 yds., but if you want to taste real Amish bake goods, this the best in Ohio. (Ohio Magazine). Once you walk in the door, you know you are in trouble, the aroma of fresh bake goods is overwhelming. You will want to buy one of everything. You will see real Amish women actually baking in the kitchen.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TallOhioGuy
Dayton, Ohio
“The Chicken was the best I have ever eaten. Fantastic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Chicken was the best I have ever eaten in my life. It was fantastic. I could tell that the mashed potatoes were made from real potatoes and were just like my Farmer's wife Grandmother used to fix for us when I was a kid growing up near Jamestown, Ohio.
My wife still raves about the delicious Homemade Bread & Real Amish butter!
My wife and I can hardly wait to go back and eat there again.

• Visited October 2013
Nashville
“INSTANT MASHED POTATOS AND STORE BREAD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a very average quality restaurant that appears to serve instant potatos, and serves store bought white bread!
What ever happened to Amish grown and Amish MADE food?

Visited May 2014