“The Chicken was the best I have ever eaten. Fantastic.”
Review of Grandma's Homestead Restaurant - CLOSED

Grandma's Homestead Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Chicken was the best I have ever eaten in my life. It was fantastic. I could tell that the mashed potatoes were made from real potatoes and were just like my Farmer's wife Grandmother used to fix for us when I was a kid growing up near Jamestown, Ohio.
My wife still raves about the delicious Homemade Bread & Real Amish butter!
My wife and I can hardly wait to go back and eat there again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a very average quality restaurant that appears to serve instant potatos, and serves store bought white bread!
What ever happened to Amish grown and Amish MADE food?

2  Thank motelcritic2
Reviewed April 18, 2014

never had been here before--so I tried it---will never go back---chicken was only about half cooked--meatloaf greasy and tasteless---others complaining also----disgusting food--beware

2  Thank Jaspurr750
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to grab lunch so we weren't starved when we got to the cheese factory. You know that would only result in us buying 50 pounds of cheese and then regretting it. We drove through Berlin, but the town was packed (Saturday at noon), so we kept going and spotted signs for Grandma's. The parking lot was full, but we found a spot and inside we only waited a moment or two to be seated.

They had their lunch buffet going, and it seemed to be the best deal for us. It is odd compared to what you normally think of as a buffet. They have the pan fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potato, corn stuffing, gravy and noodles. The pan fried chicken was good, old time, homemade style chicken. The meatloaf was tasty, and the dressing was fine. We didn't try any noodles. While expecting some sort of Amish style noodles, it looked like it was spaghetti noodles.

The buffet comes with your choice of salad or Homemade ice cream with topping. Really? Salad or ice cream..no-brainer...we took the ice cream. it was really good and tasted like what we made when i was a kid. a generous portion with strawberry for me and chocolate for my wife.

It was a good lunch and got us filled, happy and ready for cheese shopping.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

we fell in love w/charm and got to enjoy a delicious meal while having a front row seat to all the comings and goings of this charming town, right in the heart of amish country!...i had a meatloaf meal and my honey enjoyed his ham dinner...he raved about the corn pudding...the waitress was pleasant and efficient...we left a $20 tip due to the cheap couple beside us only leaving $2.00...she was very appreciative....will eat here again for sure!...