“Very welcome addition to Chardon”
Review of Square Bistro

Square Bistro
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Chardon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chardon, Ohio, United States
“Very welcome addition to Chardon”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We have been there twice. One with family and once for an event. Even though it is new, the staff is very polished and friendly. The food is mostly locally sourced, and they are very accommodating for special requests.

1 Thank OutofKontrol

“Awesome Food”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great drinks, steak was perfect and cheesecake to die for. I'd definitely recommend for date night! Not rushed at all, knowledgable server.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AJMurphy121
Chardon, Ohio, United States
“upscale for chardon”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had my birthday dinner here last night. If you wish for a quiet, romantic dinner, this is not the place. For great food? YES! My g/f had the duck pot pie (more duck than anything!). I had their special of the night; lobster/mussel fettucine. Both were excellent.
If you are looking for fast service, go elsewhere. Food took over 30 minutes to be delivered. I think this is by design which is fine. We were not in a hurry and the server was not interested in turning tables. That's a good thing. Matt, our server, however was somewhat invisible. My pint glass sat empty for a while. Overall experience was wonderful.

1 Thank Bill_S259
Perry, Ohio
“excellent small town gem”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The food and drinks here are excellent. My husband had the "adult" root beer and it was delicious. I had their version of the moscow mule, which was also very good. We had the mussels as an appetizer, which I was not very impressed with. I was slightly disappointed with the texture of these mussels, a little slippery. The broth that they were in was good. If it hadn't been as busy in there, I probably would have sent them back. I had the three little piggies for dinner, which is the pork belly and pulled pork. It was absolutely amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband had the duck, which he liked as well. My son had the mac and cheese which is the best we've ever had. The experience here was great. Aside from the mussels, I thought the food was excellent. Great bistro for this town. The prices were also pretty reasonable for the quality of food and drink. We recommend this restaurant for a date night. We will be returning.

1 Thank Jessjukerroberts
Chardon, Ohio
“Disorganization”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I went to eat with my neighbor and the food is ok. I won't say bad things about food since everyone has different taste. The waiter was not very professional and did not communicate well. Others that work there were on their cell phones and one guy had business phone and answered it then handed to the hostess and almost dropped it. He has no business with answering for a business while on his other phones and acting like it was a bother. This happen in front of many customers. Hostess was rarely at front to at her greeting stand. The manager there said he was a district manager and barged loudly he was district and had many managers working under him. He was talking to customers at bar and didn't need to be so loud. I will admit the place is pretty nice and I'll go back a few more times before totally judging.
Proper and long training would be good. Ole single tables wobble very badly !!! extremely badly.

1 Thank Don M

Been to Square Bistro? Share your experiences!