Bass Lake Taverne & Inn
$102
Priceline
$135
$149
All reviewsgas fireplacebasket of goodiesbass lakesmall pondcontinental breakfastsmall refrigeratorbottled watera wonderful staybeautiful rooma king size bedcomfortable bedsamish countryyogurtgeeseshellyaccommodationsjacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2011

The wood steps and walk-ways are down right dangerous. The room I was assigned, I was told was the "best"...The wall paper is curling off the walls, the carpets are gross (walked in white socks...they turned black). The cheap $3.00 mimi blinds on the windows were all bent-up and twisted. They were missing the closure wand and when I tried to find it, the top header fell off completely. For God's sake...replace those destroyed blinds!

When I walked into the bathroom, there was hair in the sink as well as in the tub. AND there was an open used bottle of shampoo on the ledge. GROSS!

The in-room Mr. Coffee pot was dirty...had been rinsed but not washed. The basket of goodies was not fresh and they had no cork-screw, no wine glasses, no glass glasses of any kind...all was plastic of the cheapest variety. For over $100/nite rates...this is unacceptable!

The Inn has an attached restaurant and the rooms had no room service or even a menu to place an order. They are missing a big bunch of business here.

They also have NO Wake-up service. This place has such potential because of their location...but they are missing the boat! The owners need to take a little tour of this place. Wonder when they last actually saw it? I stayed here 18 mos. ago and had a similar experience, so nothinbg is improving...just getting worse.
Leslie Coates

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank lesliecoates
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Of all the hotels I've ever stayed, the Bass Lake Taverne and Inn is the very best. The staff is friendly, they treat you like a member of the family, and do everything they can to please. The restaurant is the best! What an amazing atmosphere and the food is a 10 plus. The beds are more comfortable than home. Plenty of extra pillows, blankets. It's great to have a fridge, "kitchen" sink, and microwave. Fireplace is very nice, as is the balcony. Great size room. Could stay for weeks and be comfortable. Nice table for both eating or to use as a desk. Large bathroom with super water pressure and endless hot water. Great views of a small pond and golf course. Peaceful and so very relaxing. Super clean and no odors including "fake" odors (pine, etc.) to cover something up. Just fresh. I have no real complaints, but for the perfect wish list. The towels are adequate, but not large or plush. I've had better. The in-room hair dryer is only OK. The lighting in the bathroom isn't the best for putting on make-up. No TV guide and no movie channels (HBO, etc.) No deal breakers, but I want to be thorough. Even though it's a little more expensive, it's well worth it. I would never stay anywhere else when I visit Chardon. It's like my home away from home. I am totally comfortable in this hotel. Very safe also.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RubiesPlus
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We arrived with reservations at another hotel that we did not like. We found this inn by chance and have received the warmest welcome from the staff here. The room is more like a suite, with dining table, jetted garden (Jacuzzi) tub and a lovely view of the lake from a private balcony. Our breakfast/snack basked was hand delivered to our room by the manager. Clean and spacious, the room is great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank prorie
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was very impressed with the Inn and the Taverne. Accomodations were superb and drinks and food was excellant. Staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was more than I had expected and I felt right at home. I slept wonderfully and would stay here again. Even though someone accidentally picked up my room key, the staff provided me another quickly. Hopefully, the first one turns up! I'm sure it will though because we had tons of kids around and I'm sure one of them got it not thinking that it wasn't their's! Everything was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank skmoreland
Reviewed June 21, 2010

It was the staff that made this stay lack luster. Their work schedule drove the experience NOT customer service! You could tell the owners put thought into the place when they built it but nothing has been done to it since. Air conditioners are rusty/ Patio is dirty--couldn't sit on the chairs. I wanted to buy a $ 60 bottle of wine on a Friday night at 10 minutes to 9:00 pm and the bartender told me I'd have to go to the outside bar because they were closing the inside bar. Another employee yelled my room number out loud across the bar. Okay, I know you are in Chardon, Ohio but these employees need training in discretion.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo