“A new favorite dining spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chardon
Bass Lake Taverne & Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Chardon B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I met for dinner here and had a wonderful time. The setting is very charming and the food was excellent. I really appreciate they offer small plates. They had a black and blue steak special. The small plate version was $8!!! With the bread and a mini dessert, it was the percent amount of food!

Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Bass Lake Taverne & Inn

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a great experience with our stay at the inn. We were in town for a family wedding and our time at the inn contributed to the feel of our "vacation". The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff was gracious, friendly and very helpful. The grounds are lovely. The inn has more of a bed and breakfast feeling as opposed to the standard motel. We highly recommend the inn and would definitely stay there again,

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Short notice booking. Comfortable room. Nice ambience. Good bar and restaarant, with great atmosphere. Easy car-parking. Nice view over the lake. Pleasantly surpised. Not your ordinary motel by any means.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We've stayed here a night or two every year for the past several years. It's a ways off the interstate, but a lovely place to stay. The decor and bathroom could use some updating, but the room is very clean and cozy, the bed is so comfortable, the back porch with view of the little lake is lovely, the area is residential, nice and very quiet. There is a big parking lot where we can safely park our pickup truck and car trailer. There is a little fridge and microwave. (The breakfast basket is nice if you like Sara Lee and Post cereals.) The food at the inn is great, we love dinner on the patio. I's so nice to be able to walk to a great cocktail and dinner after a long day on the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Inn. My dad and I came up to spend a few days with family we hadn't seen in ten years. The room was clean, comfortable and had a great view of the lake from the patio. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The whirlpool tub was a fabulous plus! Coffee and a breakfast basket was provided every day with fresh fruit, cereal, and muffins, orange juice and water! We had dinner the first night in the Tavern and it was excellent! Will definitely stay here again on our next visit

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pdf428
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the Inn and the Taverne. Room was comfortable and quiet. View of the pond from the porch was enjoyable. Dinner, lunch and Sunday brunch were great. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank 10880ztc
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here for the Maple Festival this past weekend.
First I have to say I was not under the impression that it was a Bed and Breakfast. I thought the breakfast basket we found in the room was an extra nice touch.
When we arrived the manager offered us a ride to the festival which we thought was very nice. We stayed Sunday night and had dinner at the tavern that evening which was very good but I thought a bit pricey. Peter was our bartender then our waiter and he was great. He was knowledgeable about the menu items, made suggestions and very helpful with my gluten sensitivity issues. I was really surprised and how busy the place was for a Sunday night. We would like to try the place again when the patio is open for summer..I had the shrimp lettuce wrap appetizer and they were so good!!!!
Our rooms were very clean. Loved the back porch area to watch the birds and geese at the little lake. You see a beautiful golf course on one side of the inn and a nice condo complex by the water. Really pretty scenery. The fireplace in the room is a nice touch. I do have to say the TV is not in a good place on the dresser. Hard to watch while in bed...needs to be placed higher. The room was really clean but it really needs updated..the carpet did feel slippery..I always had socks on. The entrance ways and porches need repainted to freshen things up a bit. But all in all I would definitely come back again..it has so much charm !!!!!

Room Tip: Our friends stayed in Room #1 with a king sized bed and we stayed in Room #2 with a queen sized bed...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chardon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Red Maple Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Bass Lake Taverne & Inn? Share your experiences!