“beautiful view, otherwise average”
Review of Jekyll's Kitchen

Jekyll's Kitchen
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jekyll's Kitchen is a chef-driven American grill restaurant with bar and patio, a beautifully designed interior . . .and a view of the Chagrin river water falls that rivals any setting in the country.Featuring a casual, yet sophisticated dining experience - It offers high quality food and excellent service.
Reviewed May 30, 2012

It was a confusing start to our dining experience when I inquired about sitting outside at the bar area and mentioned that I saw an empty table, a four top. There were only two of us, but we were told that table wasn't available for two. Thus, we were taken down to the balcony, which has a great view of the falls and were sat at a four top. It seemed a step up, but I am still confused hours later. We ordered wine, which took 20+minutes to arrive at the table. My dining companion had lots of questions which were answered appropriately. The food, upon arrival, did not have a fresh look. The soba noodles looked a little grey in the appetizer and the "short rib" in my entree had a great flavor, but was not cooked appropriately. It was cooked, just not extremely fork tender as this variation of short ribs usually are. My dining companion enjoyed her hamburger, but the salad she got was not fresh looking. There were two waitresses serving all of the tables on the balcony and they were pleasant, but it seemed as though there was some sort of underlying issue with all the staff members we encountered. The menu is incredibly diverse, so everyone could find something to eat here. As a local, I always hope for more, but always feel like nothing ever knocks my socks off here.

3  Thank notaconelicker

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Great food and staff. Overlooks the falls. Crab bisque, malted mayo with fries or burger excellent. Every dish a delight. The wood fired pizza was great, anything fish or bead looked great and salads were wonderful.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We had a party of 8. This service was very good. The food was very good. The selection on the menu was extensive. The list of drinks was very exciting. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. From Steak to salads to burgers, there is something for everyone. The view of the falls is always great. Our waiter did a great job serving us. I highly recommend this place for friends looking for a place wtih good drinks, service and food.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Excellent food - must have the truffle dusted chips for an appetizer, and the banana split dessert.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have eaten in the restaurant a number of times and have also dined on the outside patio. Food is very good and consistent, somewhat creative, and service inside is usually very good. Nice view of the falls from the back deck. Service on the patio bar is very slow to non-existent although there are a number of waiters/waitresses mulling around. Nice casual atmosphere and a great place to have appetizers during the summer. Would recommend the inside restaurant. Outside is also great if you are patient enough to wait for slow service.