“Most romantic anniversary visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chagrin Falls
Inn of Chagrin Falls
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Loved the old charm. Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We got a room with a king bed and jacuzzi bath tub. Both worked great and you could see the fireplace from the tub. You get 10% off at the tavern next door which has excellent food. The town was awesome and the falls are beautiful.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Corie H
Manager_InnCF, General Manager at Inn of Chagrin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Inn of Chagrin Falls to celebrate your anniversary! I'm delighted knowing that this special occasion was an overall wonderful experience. Find another occassion to come back for a visit!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

After a long day of driving and moving my daughter from one dorm to another, we spent the night at the Inn of Chagrin Falls. Though we were much later than we expected to be, we were welcomed by a friendly front desk administrator.

I had opted to reserve one of the more modest rooms, but it was lovely. It was sparkling clean, comfortable and relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was quite nice and the coffee very good.

We also opted to have dinner at the inn's restaurant. Over the past couple of years we had eaten lunch there a few times and enjoyed it. However, our dining experience was even better. The food was great, the wine nice, the atmosphere cozy and the service wonderful. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank cabibia

It's great to know that The Inn provided you with the much needed comfort and rest from your long day! When you return to visit your daughter, we hope you will join us again!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I booked the jacuzzi suite and stayed Sunday - Monday, taking advantage of their great Sunday night deal - best available room for $125 (the jacuzzi suite is the best) plus a free dinner entree at Gamekeepers. The Inn was fantastic - very clean and luxurious. Everyone we came across was extremely friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this place. The shops were located within walking distance, and there was plenty of parking. The breakfast was nice...pastries, oatmeal, yogurt, cereals, fruit, coffee, orange juice. Very relaxing and a great overnight getaway!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 - perfect!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah H

Thank you for your kind review Sarah. We hope you will make your way back to Chagrin for another visit!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I would not characterize this place as a bed and breakfast and wonder why it is listed as such, but it's more of a boutique hotel really. We sought it out so we could be right downtown and enjoy the pleasantries of the village right outside our door. We made our plans late and started out on a wait list but within a few days they had found a room so we grabbed it.

Chagrin Falls is a worthwhile stop no matter how long you have to shop or eat. We were fortunate enough to spend 2 nights here and have already booked another stay in early 2014.

Based on my observations the 2nd floor rooms might offer more comfort. We had a small 2nd floor room with a fireplace and it was cozy. The hotel is dark wood in all the public areas and has a sitting library room and a small breakfast room by the entrance and lobby. The big downside for me was the parking situation and the layout in front or back does not accommodate large vehicles very easily. Once we were in for the day however, it did not matter as we went everywhere on foot.

"Honey Go Fetch Me Some Coffee!" is my normal scavenger hunt ritual while we travel together and I quickly noticed the spartan breakfast at the hotel so I returned with the goods from nearby choices. Lemon Falls across the street has coffee, tea, all the trimmings and there is a Starbucks just one block down. We enjoyed a full breakfast each morning at Fresh Start Diner down on the square and I highly recommend it as a choice if you have the time.

I noticed the GameKeepers Tavern is part of the hotel and during my post check in reconnaissance I thought it to be very dark and enclosed so on Friday night we opted for the West End Bistro just 2 doors down as it seemed to be more hoppin' which was a good choice. On Saturday night we went to a sports bar place across Main St called Ricks to watch the Buckeyes but noticed upon our return that the GameKeepers was definitely the place to be and it was packed so the crowd must know something and its on my list for the next visit.

The local visitor information website labels Chagrin Falls "Your home town" and I think that is very appropriate and a stay at the Chagrin Falls Inn certainly conveys that notion. It is the best way to experience one of Ohio's most charming small towns.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a pleasant inn that is located in the village. It is within close walking distance to the village center and the falls. We stayed in Room 2, the Mill Room, at a rate of $227.00 inclusive of all taxes. The room was furnished with a king canopy bed, two Queen Anne chairs, desk and chair set, small chest of drawers. A flat panel TV was sited in an armoire. The room had a gas fireplace at the foot of the bed. The bathroom was small although the walk-in shower was spacious enough. Complimentary cookies and bottled water are provided.
The inn’s common areas are comprised of a salon and board room. A patio with two water elements is located outside the front of the inn. A very basic continental breakfast is served. Adjacent parking space is very limited although the inn leases overnight parking space in a nearby lot.
The inn is adjacent to the Gamekeepers restaurant and a certificate for a 15% discount on food is provided.
The inn is a pleasant setting located within a charming village. The alternative lodging venues are located several miles away along the Interstate 271 corridor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I didn't make the reservation, so I didn't know what to expect. It was beautiful! The staff was always friendly and helpful. The Inn was well kept. Everything was clean. I had room 3. It contained 2 twin beds. A large walk in shower. The room was large. The only issue I had was the room upstairs above mine. There must have been wood floors in that room because the person in that room took off their shoes and tossed them they made a loud noise and this person moved something (maybe a chair) across the floor several times. The continental breakfast was ok. There was juice, milk and cereal, yogurt, breakfast bars, coffee, bagels with numerous types of spreads for them. Most everything is located within walking distance to the Inn. I would stay there again, everything else made up for the noisy guy upstairs. After all the Inn was built in 1927, the floorboards creak and squeak, but that just adds to the character of the Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Debhud
Manager_InnCF, General Manager at Inn of Chagrin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We too believe The Inn offers the "charm" of an old and historic structure. Housed in a building, where portions were built in the 1860's and then 1920's, you come to appreciate the squeaky floors and all! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband I stayed two nights at the Inn and were totally delighted. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Our room as well as the other areas were clean and well kept. We asked for golfing info and were given several recommendations, one of which we selected and loved. It was not only enjoyably to wander around the town, but also just to sit at the front of the inn with a glass of wine and read. I would highly recommend this charming spot and look forward to returning as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank concord98

Been to Inn of Chagrin Falls? Share your experiences!