“Beautiful place to go for dinner.”
Review of Raintree Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

A little pricey but the food/portions are very filling. We go there about once a month. The filet mignon is to die for.

2  Thank Diomayra

Reviewed October 15, 2012

A friend and I visited Raintree in Chagrin Falls a couple nights ago and had a great dinner. We really had a hard time deciding what to order, the menu was impressive. We both enjoyed our dinners, and were impressed with the service. We will definately stop back in again soon!

1  Thank travel44087
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I think they have changed chefs, etc. Old favorites were different - major spices were changed - 'favorites' were no longer favorites!

2  Thank Donna W
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It's hard to believe that Raintree has been around since 1972. Feeling the need to try some of the new restaurants that have popped up in Cleveland, we haven't been there in quite awhile. A couple of Saturdays ago, we decided to have dinner there and listen to the oldies band Carnival. We had a blast. The music brought back a lot of fond memories of times gone by and the food was wonderful. The menu has changed a lot since our last visit. Lots of sandwiches and lighter pub selections have been added and the prices seem reasonable. We enjoyed a Calamari Appetizer ($7.95) that was lightly breaded rings served with a roasted garlic & sweet chile aioli. I choose the Sea Scallops Special ($16.95) that was a nice amount of broiled Boston scallops on a bed of hash brown potatoes with asparagus and a lobster lemon butter. My husband loved the Medallions of Beef Tenderloin Sandwich with Chorizo cream ($15.95). The glass wine selections were very nice. Service was friendly and attentive. We will make a point of visting this 40 year old gem more often.

1  Thank lilinoe l
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I really like the atmosphere of Raintree in Chagrin Falls. It is relatively small and intimate, a place where one can sit and enjoy a quiet supper and drinks. The food is always done tastefully, and I like the fact that they are willing to work with gluten issues. My favorite meal has been the trout with almonds. Just perfectly done and extremely tasty. In fact, no one that I have been with has been disappointed with any entree.
I do think that there are a few shortcomings with the restaurant however. One is the padding on the seats. Most in the main room are cloth covering unpadded wood - not the type of arrangement that lends itself to staying long. Another concern is the salad I ordered the last time I was there. I am not a fan of bag lettuce as I detect a certain taste to it. Unfortunately this is what they serve and so it was not anything special, nor was it worth the price. It cheapens the place in my opinion. Finally, I wish their wine glasses were larger. I am not saying that they do not have a good pour, but the glasses are defintely small and it does not lend itself to a swirl, nor an impression of a good buy.
This being said, I would recommend the restaurant. A good place to unwind with another couple.