“Always Very Good Food”

Good for: Families with children
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Always Very Good Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat at Hunan's at least twice a month and the food is very good. I'm not a fan of Chinese food, but my family is. That being said, Hunan's has a wide variety of selections to satisfy any taste. My last meal there was Ribeye in Peppercorn sauce. Absolutely excellent! The meat was cooked perfectly and the sauce had a nice taste, not too overpowering. My family likes the tradional Chinese food and they are always pleased. The staff is always pleasant. I would recommend this restaurant highly

• Visited February 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Best Chineese - Period”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is hands-down the best Chinese food within 50 miles! High quality food, great service, wonderful specials - what more can be said...

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Robert G
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Great Chinese Dinner”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We love Hunan's. We eat there often when visiting our daughter and grand daughters. Menu is varied, food quality is supurb. It is a favorite place of our grand daughters, ages 9 and 12. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Prices are reasonable and the ambiance is good.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Ren B
Warren, Ohio
“Nothing Average about Hunan”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Looking for average Chinese? Don't come here. The dishes are several steps above the norm, although should you wish to have them, they are available. Enjoy appetizers and entrees that delight the senses, but aren't over the top. From seafood, to chicken to veggie, all can be shared and enjoyed by the entire party. There are Thai dishes in addition to the Chinese, as well as specials of the season. Plenty new to try at each visit.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kmiller123
Asheville NC
“Hong Kong in Chagrin Falls, Ohio ?”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

In my business career I was fortunate to have spent many weeks dining in both Singapore and Hong Kong (yes, I know they're different) and as such, unless I'm in a major US city known for Asian food, wouldn't even consider dining in a Chinese restaurant....so when my family said we were going there for dinner, I had resigned myself to another ho-hum Americanized Chinese meal. Wrong!

We were fortunate in that when we arrived early by coincidence I met Aileen Chin, one of the principals of Hunan.. I asked her where she had come from years ago and when she said HK, I shared some of my memories of my time there. Within minutes after being seated, she approached the table and asked me if I would be interested in having crispy duck , to which I quickly responded yes. After it was served, my brain engaged and leaving the table briefly, I asked her how they were able to do that on such short notice....and her reply blew me away. It was, quite simply, that she had served me what she had planned to have for dinner (for those not aware, you must normally order that dish 24 hours ahead), and she felt that based on our brief conversation about eating in HK, I would really appreciate having that dish. I truly felt humbled by her gesture...but that is only part of the story.

There were six of us, and all ordered different dishes....and they were ALL outstanding and very much like what one would be served in a very good HK or Singapore restaurant. As she later said, she is blessed by a fine kitchen staff who understands and appreciates her insistence on authenticity. The duck itself was as good as I have ever had it and even better than I had experienced In Beijing at supposedly the restaurant there famous for its preparation..

Service was great, menu selections are wonderful and the prices are very reasonable...and those at the table that had wine were pleased both with the price and (contrary to a prior review) the size of the pour.

Desserts were good, the chocolate being better than the key lime....but the latter had just come out of the freezer, so....

Summary? Go, and don't be afraid to venture away from Americanized selections. They really know what they're doing...but if you want crispy duck, call ahead. You may not be as lucky as was I. Thank you Aileen. You are a gracious hostess!

• Visited September 2013