“Not quite as good as the reviews suggest but still good!”
Review of Hunan By the Falls

Hunan By the Falls
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hale, United Kingdom
“Not quite as good as the reviews suggest but still good!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

A little out of Chagrin Falls town, though only 5 minutes by car, our group of 8 walked to Hunan and it was a worthwhile effort. The food was very good for the most part; one set of dumplings were a little stodgy but the rest of the shared appetizers and mains were very good. Attentive service and a lovely restaurant makes this a restaurant I would recommend eating at.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank IRT68

Cleveland, Ohio
“Relaxed Elegance and Great Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place stands head and shoulders above any neighborhood Asian themed restaurant we have been to. We have gone there for years and loved the bright modern decor, the wonderful service and fantastic food. Be sure to try the seafood and vegetarian dishes. The tangerine flounder and spicy eggplant are some of our favorites. Whether you have just stopped in for a causal weekday dinner or dressed up for a weekend night out you will have a wonderful time.

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank zxywefly
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“So there is good Chinese food outside of Toronto and New York”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had grave misgivings when our hosts decided to take us to a Chinese restaurant in Chagrin Falls, of all places, and I wasn't encouraged when I found Thai dishes on the menu alongside the Chinese, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The decor is sleek and modern, without the standard Chinese restaurant cliches. I wasn't bowled over by the spring rolls or pot stickers, but the sesame chicken noodles (with peanuts!) were good, the spicy eggplant was a little too subtle for me but otherwise excellent, and we finally found good broad noodles for the first time since moving out of Manhattan in 1979. (They call it Chow Ha Fun; down on the Bowery it was known as Chow Mai Fun, but in Chagrin Falls that name is given to a different noodle dish.)

Chagrin Falls is determinedly quaint, and many of the businesses are unapologetic tourist traps. But it does have some real charm. Save some room at dinner so you can get the local ice cream.

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank RSG_reviews
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“A chance meeting”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stopped in Hunan by the Falls while on a trip through Clevland and Chagrin Falls, Ohio. I was pleased by their fine array of well-prepared schezaun enterees, and lack of pu-pu platter disingenuity. A fine, real food chinese restaurant in an unexpected location.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank John C
Chesterland, Ohio
“Great Chinese cuisine and some traditional dishes, great variety”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I typically use carry out here and the food is excellent. The service is fantastic! They are often crowded and it's a small space.

I like that they serve fresh ingredients -- going lower on "sauce" and include more vegetables!

And note when ordering to go - eggrolls come in three! I ordered three orders once and got NINE eggrolls - lol!

Visited December 2012