“Great intimate place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Umami

Umami
Reserve with OpenTable
Umami is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Chagrin Falls
Cross street: Bell
Findlay, Ohio
“Great intimate place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I ate here with a friend, and it's a small, nice, intimate restaurant. It's a good date place or a place to go out to lunch with a colleague. The menu doesn't have a lot of choices, which is kind of disappointing, but what we ordered was delicious. The waiter was good to us, but he had that rude, snobbish attitude about him.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Personal service and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

When I first walked in this joint I teared up. The atmosphere alone made me so excited- tiny, dark, intimate, modern, cozy... Then the food! I love the fresh salad preps, the fish is consistently delicious. The chef is darling- humble and creative. The front of the house is smart and charming. I could eat there every week and still delighted with the new and delicious combinations.

• Visited January 2014
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Umami is the Bomb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whenever I have friends from out of town this is the first place I take them. My college age son request going here when he gets home from college and break and his last meal before he goes back. Great staff with great food. Need a reservation for most nights. Just enjoy all the flavors.

• Visited February 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“A special treat in Chagrin Falls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

From the minute you walk into this cozy restaurant you know you are in for a great evening. The staff is professional and helpful. I never feel rushed and the staff explain the menu beautifully. Even though the menu is small, there are always specials on the board with the freshest ingredients. I have eaten here 3 times and have always gotten the fish. Reservations are a must and make sure to leave room for dessert! We will be back!

• Visited February 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
“Exceptionally skillful blending of flavors and textures.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had dinner at Umami last night and were really impressed. Everything we were served was delicious. The menu, while small, offers a good variety of choices from fish to chicken to beef.
The menu offerings are also creative and original. For example I had a roasted beet salad with sesame seeds and wasabi vinaigrette.
Several of us had the Massaman Curry Chicken served over crispy black rice. Absolutely fabulous! My husband had hanger steak, tender and flavorful served with a yummy potato scallion pancake. One person had a Hawaiian snapper dish served with a puree of apples and parsnips.
For desert we shared Cardomom creme brulee and a tart made with sweet potatoes and pumpkin served with a mound of fresh whipped creme and a wonderful brittle.
The service was great, we had a charming and friendly waiter named Hydrect who added to our enjoyment of the evening.
We can't wait to go back. (no, I am not related to anyone at Umami)

• Visited December 2013