“Local Restaurant Gem”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McEwen Road & Lyons Road
Description: The RUE(roux) is dedicated to bringing you the freshest local ingredients. By creating lasting relationships with our areas' farmers, we can provide a fresh, seasonal approach to your next private dinner, intimate wedding reception, OR come check us out for an evening or an afternoon during one of our public events! THE RUE(roux) is the glue!
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have a restaurant gem right here in Centerville, Ohio. A local chef, Ann Kearney, who is also a James Beard winner has a wonderful American Bistro with a French influence. From the creative menu to the lovely, boutique wine selection from her husband, Tom Sands, this is a must for all foodies who come to our area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had walked by this resteraunt for a couple of years and never ate there until we received a gift certificate from some friends. Rue Dumaine was a wonderful surprise and we will return! The food was excellent as well as the service. The menu is limited so you might want to check their website for the dinners that are offered that day. My understanding is that it changes daily.
I also learned the chef makes everything from scratch and uses all local farmers products. Very cool!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Most people that haven't been to Dayton think of it as a decrepit, old city. If only they would give it a chance, they would see a city with a lot of character that offers a lot of really good, unique, independent restaurants.

This is an exceptional French restaurant. The first thing I noticed upon arriving was how happy everyone seemed to be. I knew it was as sign of good things to come.

I had the prix fixe meal, which is offered on Thursday nights.

The first course was chicken rillette with plum compote, Dijon, watercress salad and grilled croutons. The main course was fish en paupilotte with baby carrots, fingerling potatoes, and currant tomatoes, served with herbed beurre blanc. Dessert was apple-walnut galette with crème fraîche. An excellent value at $25 and very outstanding quality.

I was most impressed by the visit we had from the chef and co-owner of the restaurant. It wasn't your typical cookie-cutter welcome (not that those are bad) but was geniunely personable and unique. She really made me feel my business was appreciated.

I've been in Dayton for 1 1/2 years. I don't know why I waited so long to come here. I had been wanting to try it since it has an outstanding reputation.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have been to Rue Dumaine a number of times and it has become my favorite restaurant in Dayton. The chef (Anne Kearney, nominated two years running for the James Beard Award for Best Chef in the SE US) uses fresh local ingredients as much as possible. The food is a blend of traditional European and American and is always very flavorful. The wine list is of moderate length with something for everyone (good mix of different red and white varietals). Service is always very good but the restaurant does sometimes get loud.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I decided to stop and try Rue Dumaine on our way home after a visit to Scene 75 in Dayton. Located in Centerville, only about 35 minutes from northern Cincinnati, our home town. Had seen numerous great recommendations, and found to be a very pleasant meal. Simple decor, knowledgable staff, local produce, and well executed cuisine. We'll be back.